4th November 2016, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best stream to choose in graduation to become an IAS officer?

Which degree is best for becoming IAS officer if I completed the 12th in non medical with 90 above marks? Step by step procedure for becoming IAS officer? All the best universities for becoming IAS officer? Hope I will get the answer from here soon.

14th November 2016, 08:10 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is the best stream to choose in graduation to become an IAS officer?

All degree are equally good for becoming Indian Administrative Services officer. UPSC has clearly mentioned that candidate from any discipline from any recognized university is eligible to apply for Civil Services examination and clear it to join services of his choice.

So, there is no such best stream and university which is required for IAS officer. You need to select discipline at bachelor's degree as per your interest. If you will select stream as per your interest then you will definitely do well in that stream. If you want to do coaching for Civil Services examination along with bachelor's degree then Delhi University is the most suitable university from where you can pursue bachelor's degree.

The minimum age limit to apply for Civil Services examination is 21 years.
2nd April 2017, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which is the best stream to choose in graduation to become an IAS officer?

What is best for me after 12 I didn't think so that I got better marks in 12 class but I want to be a ias officer ?
3rd June 2017, 07:23 AM
Unregistered

I wanna become IAS officer and done graduation in arts and studied 12 with arts side
14th June 2017, 06:45 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Smile Re: Which is the best stream to choose in graduation to become an IAS officer?

There are various streams in graduation all are best in learning but some of the courses relates to IAS like the political science are best suitable option to study as graduation other than that literature courses like English, history, geography,science are best for choosing graduation for IAS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?