15th March 2015, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS examination being Arts student?

I am student of Arts (economics). I want to know about upsc exam. I have no any idea how to prepare. Give me some ideas ....

17th March 2015, 02:13 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS examination being Arts student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am student of Arts (economics). I want to know about upsc exam. I have no any idea how to prepare. Give me some ideas ....
Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is the most prestigious job and to become IAS you need to attend for UPSC Civil Services Examination. Graduation is necessary to appear for UPSC examination to become IAS officer, if you are in final year then you are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination 2015 to become IAS. The dates are already available in official website of UPSC. IAS is marked as ‘A’ category government service. But this examination is not that much easy, you need to prepare well for UPSC Civil services examination. If you cracked UPSC CSAT preliminary exam, you are eligible for Mains.

Graduation from recognized university is the minimum criteria for CSAT Examination. Candidates appearing for their final year exam are also eligible to apply. If anyone have professional and technical qualifications recognized by the Government are also apply for this examination. Those who have passed MBBS Examination but appearing for Internship are also eligible for preliminary examination.

You should be within the age group of 21-30 years to appear for this examination. Relaxation is applicable for Reserved category Candidates.
If your aim is to become IAS then you have to appear for competitive examination i.e. Civil Services examination conducted under supervision of UPSC in three stages:

1. Civil Services Aptitude test (CSAT): This is a common paper for all and comprises of two compulsory paper of 200 marks each with 2 hours of duration. You will get multiple choice Objective questions in this examination. Once you cracked this stage, then you are eligible to appear for UPSC Mains examination.

2. UPSC Mains Exam: Only selected candidates in CSAT Preliminary examination are eligible to appear for Mains examination. The exam consist of 7 papers with 2 Optional Paper, It means there will be total nine papers for this exam. The list of subjects mentioned in the notification (Refer UPSC CSAT 2015 Notification when they published).

3. Those who selected in Mains examination are finally eligible to appear for Last stage i.e. Final Interview.

The Notification of CSAT Preliminary examination will be published on 16.05.2015.

~~ Now come to your question, How to prepare for this exam:

To prepare for any competitive examination, you need time for study. If you really afford time for your study then you can cracked any competitive examinations. Civil services examination is also one of the toughest examination conducted by UPSC Every year.

If you interested to become IAS, then first check the pattern and syllabus of this exam. The syllabus is available in various websites as well as in official website of UPSC.

Then you have to collect all the necessary material for Preliminary examination. For IAS Preparations you have to be dedicated and Hard working. Regular Practice is very much necessary to cracked CSAT. Once you cracked preliminary examination you are eligible for Mains.

Preparation of Civil Services examination is one of the most Toughest tasks. You have to study daily if your aim is Civil services examination. First Prepared for CSAT (Preliminary examination) once you cracked this stage you are eligible to appear for Mains. Please collect various material for this exams either online or purchase from book stores. You can also join some best coaching institutes for better understanding the concepts. Practice daily will gives you success in CSAT exam, for more details please visit official website of UPSC.

Official Website
28th April 2015, 11:47 AM
Ashwakh

For the Indian Administrative service exam , you shouldbe well prepared in all the following subjects to crack the exam .

~ Indian History

~ Indian Plolity

~ Geography

~ Indian economy

~ General science

~ Current affairs

~ Mental ability

~ Data interpreation

~ English comprehension and Communication

~
16th April 2016, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

I am belong from poor family. I am not exhalent student but I want to become an IAS officer. I am student of 12th arts . can I pass the exam ?
28th June 2016, 12:43 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

As you have mentioned that you are a student of class 12th Arts. You can not apply for the Civil Service Exam.

Eligibility Criteria:-

1. A candidate must have completed graduation in any faculty from a recognized university or approved by UGC.
2. Minimum age is 21 years & Maximum age is 32 years.
3.There are age relaxation for SCT/ST & OBC category candidates.

If you are a general category candidate then maximum attempt for this exam is 6 times. There is no restriction for the number of attempts for SC/ST category candidates. OBC category candidate can attempt 9 times.

So, first complete your graduation then apply for the same. For your reference I have attached the Civil Service notification.
12th December 2016, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

I am a mediocre and now I'm in my second year of graduation in arts.. Will i be able to crack upsc exam without coaching institutes
18th March 2017, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

Well i am a sepoy in Indian paramilitary force and i am graduate in arts from distance. What should i do for apply upsc examination?
4th May 2017, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

Well I did my graduation in arts from Kashmir university. I am an average student but want to crack IAS examination. What should I do to make it possible in a year?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?