20th September 2011, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Civil Services for IAS and IPS being a candidate having completed MBA in Finance and being a B.Sc Graduate?

i have completed my mba in finance and am a bsc graduate., so can i apply for civil services exam for IAS and IPS?

20th September 2011, 05:45 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for Civil Services for IAS and IPS being a candidate having completed MBA in Finance and being a B.Sc Graduate?

of course , if you are under age of 21-30 . 5 & 3 years relaxations for SC\ST & OBC candidates. the minimum eligibility for appear in these exams , you must have to complete your graduation in any stream,.
these exams are conducted by UPSC every years.
thank you!!
20th September 2011, 05:50 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Civil Services for IAS and IPS being a candidate having completed MBA in Finance and being a B.Sc Graduate?

Yes. You can appear for civil services exam as you have completed your graduation in B.Sc.

For IAS and IPS, one has to go through civil services examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The selection procedure is as follows
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

Here is the eligibility criteria for civil services exam.
Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation from a recognized university with any of the stream.
-Even the candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation are also eligible for the exam.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for the exam
-Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC
-Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST.

Number of attempts :
Here is the maximum number of attempts for different categories.
-For General candidates : Maximum of 4 attempts
-For OBC candidates : Maximum of 7 attempts
-For SC/ST candidates : There is no limit on number of attempts.

Since you have completed your graduation in B.Sc, if you are interested you can appear for civil services examination.

For more information on civil services examination, you can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
20th September 2011, 06:05 PM
sandeepsonipoly

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for Civil Services for IAS and IPS being a candidate having completed MBA in Finance and being a B.Sc Graduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed my mba in finance and am a bsc graduate., so can i apply for civil services exam for IAS and IPS?
Essential qualification for IAS and IPS is graduated, you can apply for both.

Educational Qualification: The upsc civils examination appearing candidates must be a graduation completed from the recognized university.

2)Age : The upsc civil exam appear candidates age between 21 to 30 years .Age relaxation for SC ,ST ,OBC ,handicapped persons details given below.

(i)5 years age relaxable for SC,ST candidates

(ii)3 years age relaxable for OBC candidates

(iii)5 years age relaxable for defence service personnel
(iv)5 years age relaxable for ECOs /SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years assignment in the military service.

(v)5 years age relaxable in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of 5 years in military service.

(vi)10 years age relaxable for blind ,deaf .mute and orthopedically ,handicapped persons.

Number of Attempts: The appear candidates of civils how many times may attempt details has given below.

General candidates: 4 attempts.

Sc, St Candidates: No restriction.

Other Backward Classes: 7 attempts

so above information fulfill your requirement and upcoming date for IAS.
POST DATE:04/02/2012 Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam., 2012 LAST DATE: 05/03/2012. BEST OF LUCK
20th September 2011, 06:47 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello friend,
Since you have completed your graduation, you are eligible to apply for Indian Police Service and Indian Administrative Service.
The recruitment of IAS and IPS officers are done through civil service exam, which is conducted by union public service commission.
Being a graduate is not enough to be eligible for the exam. You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not be over 30 years.
So, if you are within the age limit, you are eligible to apply for the exam.
For notification, refer to the official website of UPSC.
20th September 2011, 07:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

Yes , You are eligible for IAS and IPS exam.details of IAS and IPS exam are given below.

IPS and IAS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS and IAS exam.

Those candiadte have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS and IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS and IAS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candiadte is 3years and for SC/ST candiadte is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

The IPS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Interview.

thanks
20th September 2011, 07:51 PM
raviyouth

Yes, You can apply for UPSC exams as any person who is graduate or post graduate can apply for the exams:

Age and seating Limit:

For General Category:21-30 yrs with maximum of 4 attempts
Other Backward Caste:21-33 yrs with maximum of 7 attempts
Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes:21-35 yrs with unlimited no of attempts.
20th September 2011, 08:27 PM
jevirsinh

Hi

IAS means Indian Administrative Services and is basically meant for those aspiring candidates who have strong dedication towards the country.

India holds a UPSC examination every year and on the basis of this examination a number of IAS officers are recruitment.

Eligibility Criteria :-

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation.
Many professionals like MBA. B.Sc Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

Age Limit
Age between 21-28 year and relaxation for lower cast.

Application forms will come out in the month of January.

Paper pattern has changed in IAS 2011 exam.

Paper Pattern for IAS 2011 exam :-

Unlike present,now there are two objective type papers carrying equal marks, in which
1) General-Studies paper carries 150 marks
2) Optional paper carries 150 marks.

Instead of one compulsory paper of General Studies and one Optional paper, both the papers shall be compulsory.

All the best
20th September 2011, 09:00 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

IPS

Eligibility Criteria:-

Educational Qualifications :

Graduates in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidates having professional and technical qualifications recognized by the government are also eligible.

For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India

For other services, a candidate must be either :
(a) a citizen of India, or

(b) a subject of Nepal, or

(c) a subject of Bhutan, or

(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the intention of permanently settling in India. or

Age Limits :

(a) Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held.

(b) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:

(i) upto a maximum of five years for a SC/ST candidate.

(ii) upto a maximum of three years for OBC

(iii) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during a particular period
Personal Attributes :

The aspiring candidates are expected to have keen interest in the General Studies and are supposed to have a good amount of interest in current affairs. Regular and detailed reading of a good national newspaper, a standard competition magazine and a basic book on general knowledge is the essential pre-requisite. Another important point is efficient time planning.

Physical Standards :

Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Civil Services Examination.

1:Height-

Minimum height for the Male 165 cm &
for ST 160 cm,for the SC/ OBC,is not

Minimum height for the Female 150 cm &
for ST 145 cm,for the SC/ OBC,is not

2:Chest-

for male minimum 84 cm. expansion 5 cm.
for female minimum 79 cm. expansion 5 cm.

3:Eye Sight-

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision.
J1 for near vision

Number of Attempts:

Every candidate appearing at the Civil Services Examination shall be permitted four attempts at the examination.

this restriction will not apply in the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST), Other Backward Classes(OBC)

Physically Handicapped(PH) candidates who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.

IAS

IAS (Indian Administrative Services) is basically for those who are firmly determined for dedication of themselves towards the own country.

If you are so interested for IAS,after being Engineers, Doctors, or Ph.d you can sit IAS exam conducted by UPSC.

Application forms will come out in the month of January.

According to the new exam pattern of the IAS exam
1) General-Studies paper which carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper which carries 150 marks.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1.Educational Qualification:To appear in IAS exam you should have a Graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. If you are in final year you can also eligible to apply for the examination.

2.Age:The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

No.Of Attemptes:
General Candidates - 4 Attempts

OBC Candidates - 7 Attempts

SC/ST Candidates - No Limits.

The General Studies paper and one Optional paper both the papers are the compulsory paper.

according to the list of optional paper are as:
1) Psychology
2) Commerce and Accountancy
3) History
4) Geography
5) Physics
6) Medical Science
7) Law
8) Mathematics
9) Mechanical Engineering
10) Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
11) Public Administration
12) Agriculture
13) Sociology
14) Botany
15) Chemistry
16) Geology
17) Electrical Engineering
18) Civil Engineering
19) Economics
20) Philosophy
21) Zoology
22) Political Science
23) Statistics

for some questions or subjects follow the link:http://www.iupsc.com/label/ias/
1st November 2011, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

I am food science graduate, which can be the best optional subject for me? for which i can prepare properly.
6th November 2011, 01:46 PM
sant8055

Hi!

The eligibility for sitting for IAS exam is as follows:

--> Age limit :

You age should be in between 21-30 years as on 1.7.2011.

--> Educational Qualifications :

You should have any Bachelor’s degree from any recognised College/University with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

--> No. of attempts :

-> Four attempts for General candidates.
-> Seven attempts for OBCs and
-> no limit for SCs/STs.

--> Fee :

-> Rs. 100/- for General and OBCs.
-> No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled.

NOTE:

--> Please once look at the above eligibility criteria and check yourself.
--> As you can see, you are eligible.

Regards!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?