11th June 2016, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

My son can claim to be an OBC non creamy layer candidate if my salary is above 12 lacs per annum?

I am a scale V officer in a PSU Bank drawing a total salary of approximately 12 lacs per annum. My son wants to appear for the Civil services exam. Is he eligible for claiming the benefits of an OBC - non creamy layer category candidate?

11th June 2016, 10:23 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: My son can claim to be an OBC non creamy layer candidate if my salary is above 12 lacs per annum?

OBC stands for Other Backward Category. It has been divided into:

1. Creamy layer: Those whose salary is more than 6 lacs per annum.

As your income is 12 lacs per annum, your son can not OBC category of non creamy layer and hence, he can not get reservation benefits in any government job entrance exams.
12th June 2016, 06:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: My son can claim to be an OBC non creamy layer candidate if my salary is above 12 lacs per annum?

Non-creamy layer certificate is available according to annual income of the family. If the income is above 4.5 lacs then you will not be considered a non-creamy layer candidate.

Hence, your son will not get benefit of OBC category because salary is above the level which is required for non-creamy layer.
12th June 2016, 09:05 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# I would like to provide few important information regarding creamy and non-creamy layer in OBC category in order to clear your doubts:

* The Creamy Layer status of a candidate is determined on the basis of the status of his/her parents only.
* The Creamy Layer status of a candidate is not on the basis of his own status or income.
* The Creamy Layer status of a candidate is not on the basis of status or income of his/her spouse.
* If the combined annual income of parents of any OBC candidate exceed than Rs. 6,00,000/- per annum, then he/she falls under Non-Creamy Layer of OBC category.
4th May 2017, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

My father's income was less than Rs.12000 per year in 1990 and on this basis I got OBC(non-creamy layer) certificate in 1990. Now my income is more than Rs. 15 lake. Can my daughter eligible for OBC (non-creamy layer) certificate and get avail for IIT reservation quota for OBC (non-creamy layer)?
28th December 2017, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

I am working in private company and my salary more than 15 kgs per annum. My daughter is eligible to apply JEE IN OBC Non creamy layer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?