1st September 2015, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Please guide me regarding Custom Officer jobs at Airport?

Please guide me regarding Custom Officer jobs at Airport?

2nd September 2015, 07:23 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Please guide me regarding Custom Officer jobs at Airport?

The candidate who wishes to become Custom Officer in Airport has to appear in the entrance exam conducted by the UPSC.

The eligibility criteria required to become Custom officer at airport are following:-

-The candidate must be an Indian citizen .

-The candidate should be a graduate in any discipline with at least 55% marks from a recognized university.

-The candidate age must not be less than 19 years. Relaxation in age limit is provided for reserved category candidates.

-The selection process comprises of

* Preliminary exam,

* Main Exam,and

* Personality Test.

The candidate must possess under mentioned qualities to become Custom Officer in Airport;

-Must have ability to work in flexible schedules .

-Must possess a driving license .

-Must be able to activate telephone or radio equipment, etc.

-Should posses an aptitude to cooperate and communicate with the community .

-Should never had drugs of any kind .
2nd September 2015, 11:15 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Customs Officer jobs fall under Group A of Indian Administrative Service. The eligible candidates should apply for Civil service examination i.e., Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT).

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidates age should be minimum of 21 years and maximum of 30 years.

* Candidate should complete Graduation in any discipline from any recognized university.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

* Candidate should get at least 55% marks in their qualifying examination.

SELECTION PROCEDURE :

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Interview.

Another job in Customs department is Income Tax Officer. The eligibility for this post is also same as the custom officer.
4th September 2015, 08:12 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

How to become Custom Officer at Airport:

To become Custom Officer at Airport, you will have appear in the CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) Entrance Examination. Basically this Custom Officer post at Airport falls under Class 1 officer or Group A Officer in "Indian Administrative Services". Indian Administrative Services (IAS) is one of the services falls under Union Public Service Commission. To get job in Indian Customs and Central Excise Services department, you are required to give CSAT (Civil Services Examination). The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in CSAT Examination is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks. The minimum age required to apply for Exam is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?