30th July 2015, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to apply for government jobs being a 41 years old?

I want a govt. job. but I am 41 years old. Also I belongs to General Category. I can do Govt. job anywhere in India.

Related Questions:
  1. What kind of job can I get after Mechanical Engineering?
  2. What are the suitable government jobs for me that I can join at an age of 40 years
  3. Can I apply for Government jobs if pursuing 2 years PGDM course? -- [New]
  4. What are the job opportunities after completion of BCA? I am doing it from Kumaon University
  5. Eligibility to apply for Government jobs for women at the age of 36 under SC category?
  6. What are the job opportunities available for a 12th passed student?
  7. Is there any vacancy to apply for government jobs? How can I apply for the jobs?
  8. What are the Government jobs I can apply being 35 years age old?
  9. Age limit for Government jobs after doing M.Sc in Computer Science 11 years back?
  10. Which Government Jobs a btech student (information technology) can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to apply for government jobs in AP after BDS? How to apply, date of submission of form and syllabus of the exam? Salary packages in government job?
  12. Which PSUs are recruiting Computer Science students for training?
  13. Can I apply for job in primary teacher in government school in Delhi? I am 36 years old
  14. How can I get Government job after M.Sc. in Biotechnology? Which CSIR jobs I can apply for?
  15. How to apply for Government jobs after completing GNM course 6 years back and having 5 years of work experience?
  16. What are the government jobs I can apply for after completing M.A in Sociology?
  17. What are the government jobs for IT graduate and How can they apply for that?
  18. PSU's and government jobs that i can get after completing 3 years diploma in IT
31st July 2015, 12:18 AM
pjgp

Default Re: Is it possible to apply for government jobs being a 41 years old?

Yes,you are eligible for only one government job that is teacher job.the age limit for this job is 18 to 42 years.relaxation is applicable as per govt. Rules.
The educational qualification is B.ed(bachelors in education).
You are not eligible for any other government job as the upper age limit is 33 years only.
31st July 2015, 01:51 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Sorry being a general category candidate at the age of 41 years, you are not eligible for any government job entrance exam except National eligibility test for becoming lecturer in government college.

For NET exam also, you must have done master's degree in any discipline from recognized university with at least 55% marks.

There is no upper age limit for lectureship post.
31st July 2015, 09:52 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to apply for government jobs being a 41 years old.

General candidate can apply for government jobs at the age of 21 to 30 years. There is no relaxation in age limit for general candidate.

You can only apply for job in private companies and firms.
31st July 2015, 05:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are an ex servicemen then only you will be eligible for some government jobs with this age. Most of the government jobs have upper age limit upto 30 or 35 years in most cases.

After relaxation also 41 is a very high age for most of the government jobs. There are jobs based on ex-servicemen category which have these kind of age limit.
1st August 2015, 12:53 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

No. It is not possible to apply for government job , as you are in age 41 years old .
The age limit for government is 21 - 30 years for general candidates.
34 years for Obc candidates.
36 years for sc/St candidates .

For more details visit website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?