1st April 2015, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information, procedure and eligibility to apply in Indian Economic Service exam for M.Sc(Economics) postgraduate?

Dear Sir,
I want to prepare for the Indian Economic Service exam.
I have completed my M.Sc in Economics.
Please tell me how I can apply for this exam?
and also tell me the eligibility for applying and
every details. Thank you.
With Regards-
Vaibhav Singh

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information and procedure to apply in Indian Statistical Service exam for B.Stats candidate?
  2. Eligibility to appear in Indian Economic Service exam for M.Com in A.B.S.T student?
  3. Detailed syllabus of Indian Economic Serive Exam? Reference test books and scheme of examination?
  4. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Foreign Service recruitment for B.E.(EEE) graduate?
  5. Minimum percentage required in B.Tech, 10th and 12th to sit for IES? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Detailed information and eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam for B.Com graduate?
  7. Procedure to get admission in India Economic Service? Last year papers for the preparation of the exam?
  8. Detailed information and eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam?
  9. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Forest Service exam for B.E.(ECE) final year student?
  10. Detailed information, syllabus, eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for TNPSC exam?
  11. Detailed information, eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for Scholarship? Whether scholarship is only for students of Indian institutes?
  12. Best coaching centre in Kolkata for Indian Forest Service and Indian Economic Service? How to prepare for them?
  13. Detailed information and eligibility criteria of Indian Statistical Service exam?
  14. How to get a government job after doing M.A in Economics and PGDCA in computer science?
  15. Indian Economic Service Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in WBPSC Executive exam for M.A.(English) postgraduate?
  17. How should I prepare for Indian Economic Service exam? I am doing PG in Economics
  18. Which Service has more impact in society among Indian Economic Service and Indian Administrative Service? Pros & Cons of both Services? -- [New]
10th April 2015, 09:02 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Detailed information, procedure and eligibility to apply in Indian Economic Service exam for M.Sc(Economics) postgraduate?

Yes of course, you are absolutely eligible to apply for this examination. Indian Economics Service Examination is conducted by UPSC once in a year. This year notification has been released on 21st February 2015. Last date for submission of online application has closed on 20th March 2015. So, you can't apply for Indian Economics Service Examination this year. 2016 Exam notification will be published in the month of February/March in the official website of UPSC.

There is no offline mode (postal) of application forms. Only online mode of application forms will be received. The online application forms link will be available at the time of notification. The cost of application form is Rs.200/-.

Exam Pattern:

-> General English - 100 Marks
-> General Studies - 100 Marks
-> General Economics I - 200 Marks
-> General Economics II - 200 Marks
-> General Economics III - 200 Marks
-> Indian Economics - 200 Marks

Eligibility:

1. Candidate must be citizen of India.

2. Candidate must have completed post graduate degree in Economics / Applied Economics / Business Economics / Econometrics from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.

3. Those candidates who are appearing in the final year of master degree course may also apply.

4. Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.

5. Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories.
10th April 2015, 10:23 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information, procedure and eligibility to apply in Indian Economic Service exam for M.Sc(Economics) postgraduate?

The IES (Indian Economic Service) examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in IES examination is mentioned below :-

Eligibility for IES Examination :-
--> You must be a citizen of India.

--> You must have obtained a post Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a recognised University.

--> You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

How to Apply :-
Candidates who are interested to appear in UPSC IES examination can apply through online by visiting UPSC official website http://upsconline.nic.in/.
14th April 2015, 10:33 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear absolutely you are eligible to apply for Indian Economic Service Examination with your Qualification. And as you said, being a M.Sc Economics candidate you can apply for IES Examination.

According to UPSC norms for Indian Economic Service Examination. you must complete the PG in Economics, Applied Economics etc., from the recognized university. More over you have to fulfill the Age limits as well.

Minimum Age limit : 21 years

Maximum Age limit :30 years

There is a Age relaxation for the reserved candidates

Important dates for Indian Economic Service Examination :

Starting date to fill the application form : 21/02/2015

Last date to fill the application form :20/03/2015

Date of the Examination : 23/05/2015.
14th December 2016, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

Is there any minimum marks requirement in post graduation for Indian economic services exam???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?