2nd September 2016, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Preparations required to become a Collector

Hi, I want to be a Collector. This is mine as well as my Father's dream. I have joined a good coaching institute in Delhi for the preparations although I belong to Patna. Please guide me what preparations are required to be a Collector?

4th September 2016, 01:07 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Preparations required to become a Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I want to be a Collector. This is mine as well as my Father's dream. I have joined a good coaching institute in Delhi for the preparations although I belong to Patna. Please guide me what preparations are required to be a Collector?

To become a Collector, the aspirant should clear the UPSC Civil Service Examinations. You have to prepare well to clear the Civil Service Examinations. There are various coaching institutions available for this purpose. You can also make use of the books and materials available in the paper format and electronic format. You have to study well for 180 days to clear the examination. You should go through the previous question papers, make your own notes, revise two times before examination and use mock tests to clear the IAS examinations. You should make a habit of reading newspapers like Hindu, Indian Express etc. The aspirant can use NCERT books for civil services examination.
5th September 2016, 12:17 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

You have to work very hard for become a collector. You should concentrate on the basic of all the topic. You should improve your gk and gs and also you have to be proficient in English. Mange your time table. You also have to solve previous years question papers. That you can get on official website of upsc. Read newspapers and magazines for current affairs. Work very hard on your general studies as it is important for exam. Hope it helps.
2nd June 2017, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir,i am very interested in becoming collector.i completed my 1st year of graduation(bsc).I don't know about the topics for preliminary as well main exam.so please can you say about the different topics to prepare for exam and also the books or other required materials.
14th June 2017, 06:50 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Smile Re: Preparations required to become a Collector

To become a collector you should work hard for your preparation in clearing the civil services examination conducted by union public service commission which is done in three stages of preliminary, mains and interview. While your preparation you should only concentrate in studying mostly the NCERT and the optional and general studies paper in this paper and the interview after preparation of these surely you will clear the exam and will definitely become a collector
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?