7th September 2017, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become an Income Tax Officer

Hello Sir, I am Priya in B.Com regular 4th semester. I want to be an income tax officer for that what shall I do to be an income tax officer. Can you tell me the procedure Sir?
My email Id : [email protected].

7th September 2017, 10:01 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Procedure to become an Income Tax Officer

In order to become an Income Tax Officer, you need to appear SSC CGL examination which is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission every year.
SSC CGL consist of Tier I and Tier II examinations, so you are required to clear both Tiers to become an Income Tax Officer.
Eligibility Criteria for SSC CGL:
>Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from any recognized university.
>Age of the candidate should be between 21 years to 27 years.
>Upper age relaxation is provided for OBC-3 years, SC/ST- 5 years and PDW- 10 years.
>Candidate should me physically and mentally fit.
7th September 2017, 10:30 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to become an Income Tax officer you must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized college/university. Your age should be in between 18 to 30 years and age relaxation will be applicable for the reserved category candidates. You must be an Indian citizen and should be medically fit. You must also have a typing speed of 20 wpm in English.

With this eligibility you have to appear for SSC CGL examination. The selection will depend upon the performance in the examination followed by physical test and personal interview.

Best of luck.
8th September 2017, 12:20 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become an Income Tax Officer:

There is a certain procedure to become in order to become an Officer in Income Tax Department. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible is "Graduation" from a recognized university.

As you are presently pursuing 4th semester of B.Com, I suggest you to apply for Combined Graduate Level Examination that is conducted by Staff Selection Commission.

You must have successfully passed Graduation in order to be eligible. You are required to qualify in Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 rounds.
8th September 2017, 11:35 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To become an Officer in Income Tax department ( I.R.S ) candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidates appearing for final year examination of degree course can also appear for examination.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, now you are not eligible to appear in examination but can start preparation for examination to appear next year as well as to qualify in all three stages.

For syllabus and other details about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th September 2017, 10:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can get income tax department job through SSC CGL and UPSC Civil services exam. CGL will help you to get Group B level jobs in the department and UPSC helps you to get officer level jobs.

Degree in any discipline from a recognized university will help you to become eligible for it. Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview conducted by SSC and UPSC.
9th September 2017, 12:26 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University can become an Income Tax Officer.
Now, to become an Income Tax Officer, candidates first have to join the Income Tax Department as Tax Assistant or Income Tax Inspector. After that, they can get promotion from the department to become an Income Tax Officer.
To join the department, candidates must have to qualify in the Combined Graduate Level Examination.
Qualified candidates must have to face an Interview round for the selection.
12th September 2017, 12:31 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

You are eligible to become an income tax officer.
To become an income tax officer you have to apply for SSC CGL exam.

To apply for SSC CGL exam a candidate have to fulfill following criteria-

A candidate must be graduated from any discipline.
A candidate must have minimum 21 years of age and maximum 28 years of age.
You can apply through online mode.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?