14th April 2017, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

Is it a right decision to pursue BSc agriculture for UPSC exam?

I want to prepare for UPSC. So, I chose BSc agriculture to get more time for preparation. Is that a right decision?

Related Questions:
  1. How UPSC exam beneficial for B.Sc in Agriculture student?
  2. Can BSc agriculture be a good decision for me after passing 12th
  3. Can I do B.Sc in Agriculture after Diploma in Agriculture?
  4. Entrance exam to pursue M.Sc in Agriculture in Coimbatore? Fee details of the course?
  5. Which subjects are required in 12th for BSc Agriculture? Fee structure for admission in BSc Agriculture? What is the admission procedure of various agriculture colleges in Maharashtra? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Date of BSc Agriculture exam? Best institutes of BSc Agriculture in AP?
  7. How to join Agriculture BSc or Agriculture B.Tech?
  8. How to join Agriculture BSc or Agriculture B.Tech?
  9. Details about BSc Agriculture entrance exam notification? Best institutes for BSc Agriculture course in Kerala?
  10. What are the subjects required to pursue BSc in Agriculture?
  11. Can I pursue M.Sc Agriculture from Indore if I have completed B.Sc Agriculture from Maharashtra?
  12. Which other course should I do if unable to join Agriculture honours?
  13. Rank required to get B.Sc Agriculture? Is the future bright in Agriculture? Top B.Sc Agriculture colleges?
  14. Eligibility criteria and admission procedure for B.Sc in Agriculture?
  15. What is the fee structure and course duration of B.Sc Agriculture course? Is there any age limit to pursue the course?
  16. How can I pursue B.Sc (Honours) after completing Diploma in Agriculture? From where can I pursue B.Sc (Honours)?
  17. How to apply for B.Sc(agriculture)? Is EAMCET rank needed to get a seat in B.Sc(agriculture)? List of exams I should write to get admission in the same?
  18. Can I pursue M.Sc Botany after completing B.Sc Agriculture? Which other courses are available other than Agriculture for pursuing Masters?
14th April 2017, 01:34 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it a right decision to pursue BSc agriculture for UPSC exam?

To appear in UPSC examination you have to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised University with minimum passing percentage. You can definitely pursue BSc in agriculture four year degree course if you are interested in it because after completing your this degree you can definitely appear in the UPSC exams also.
So this is your right decision.
14th April 2017, 01:53 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to prepare for UPSC. So, I chose BSc agriculture to get more time for preparation. Is that a right decision?

Yes, it is a right decision to pursue B.Sc Agriculture for UPSC examinations. Many students who have studied B.Sc Agriculture course in graduation went on to become an IAS Officer by clearing UPSC examinations. You can choose agriculture as an optional subject in civil service examinations. The competition in agriculture is very less compared to other subjects like public administration. So the agriculture subject will be useful for those who wish to pursue UPSC Civil Service Examinations. The Civil Service Examinations consists of three parts namely Preliminary Examinations, Main Examinations and Interview. The civil service examinations are conducted once in a year by UPSC. The UPSC website link is given here Click Here
14th April 2017, 02:00 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to appear in UPSC exams:

1. Candidate must have a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised University.

2. There is no percentage criteria.

3. Candidate must have Indian citizenship.

4. Minimum age should not be less than 21 years.

This is the basic eligibility criteria and as per the requirement you are eligible to appear in UPSC exams even if you qualify for Bsc agriculture degree. So you need not to worry about its eligibility criteria. You will be eligible even after Bachelor of agriculture degree.
14th April 2017, 04:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

In order to appear in UPSC based recruitment examination's, I suggest you to first get the basic educational qualification that is required in order to be eligible.

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is

>> Graduation or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As Graduation in any stream is accepted, I am very sure that B.Sc in Agriculture course is also accepted.

>> As any stream in Graduation is allowed, it is you to choose the best stream available based on your interests, achievements and skills that you have.

>> If you are really interested towards this Agriculture stream, then yes B.Sc in Agriculture course is the accepted one.
14th April 2017, 09:18 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. From my point of view, by UPSC you means UPSC Civil Services examination. Yes, a candidate can select Bachelor's degree in agriculture for Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is not stream specific. Candidates from all discipline are eligible for this examination. The minimum academic qualification for this exam is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Any candidates who has done graduation in any discipline can apply for this exam.

The minimum age limit to apply for exam is 21 years.
14th April 2017, 10:11 PM
kalamrockz

You can pursue any course and appear for UPSC examination, there is no problem in it. UPSC examination is a vast syllabus related examination as questions are asked in this examination from all education field.

You should complete your graduation and then prepare well for your UPSC examination with full dedication in order to crack the examination in one chance.
14th April 2017, 11:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

UPSC exam preparation has nothing to do with your degree qualification. It is a totally different thing compared to a BSc agriculture degree. Syllabus has variety and you have to study endlessly to clear the exam.

BSc agriculture is not at all an easy course and you have to devote a lot of time to pass this degree. Any easy degree like BA would have been a better choice, if your only aim is UPSC.
15th April 2017, 12:15 AM
khanexpert

Yes, you can pursue B.Sc Agriculture for UPSC examination, however it is not mandatory to get admission in this course only, you can pursue any valid graduation course from a recognized university and after completion of your degree, you can apply for the examination mentioned above.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?