14th April 2017, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for PSU job on the basis of B.Tech with 59.64%?

I have got total aggregate 59.64% in B.Tech JNTUH (2016-batch). So, how can I improve my aggregate 60%? Sir, please tell the me solution. Otherwise, I am not allowing for PSU?
Please reply.

14th April 2017, 04:09 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PSU job on the basis of B.Tech with 59.64%?

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to apply for PSU jobs with 59.64% marks in B.Tech. Yes, there is a certain eligibility criteria that is to be met in order to be eligible for appearing in the recruitment.

>> For some of the PSUs like below mentioned one's, the minimum percentage required in Graduation is 65% marks.
* GAIL
* PGCIL
* NALCO
* HAL
* SAIL
* MECL
* ONGC
* BHEL

>> For Some of the PSUs like below mentioned one's, the minimum percentage required in Graduation is 60% marks.
* BEL
* BPCL
* CIL
* HPCL
* NLC
* RITES...etc.,

If you belong to SC/ ST category, then there is a possibility for you to apply. On the other side, If you belong to OBC/ General category then I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply.
14th April 2017, 06:34 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have got total aggregate 59.64% in B.Tech JNTUH (2016-batch). So, how can I improve my aggregate 60%? Sir, please tell the me solution. Otherwise, I am not allowing for PSU?
Please reply.

Sorry, you are not eligible to apply for a job in PSUs with less than 60% marks in B.Tech. Most of the PSUs demand 65% marks in B.Tech as the minimum eligibility to apply. Most of the PSUs also demand good score in GATE for getting a job. It is not possible to get a job in PSUs as a fresh candidate. So you can get some work experience by working in some other organizations and after that you can apply for PSUs. This is the only option available for you to join in PSUs with less than 60% marks.
14th April 2017, 10:16 PM
kalamrockz

Yes, you can very much apply for PSU jobs after having scored 59.64% in your graduation as most of the government jobs do not ask for 60%, so you need not worry about it and can very much apply for PSU jobs.
14th April 2017, 11:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For PSU job, you need to crack GATE and for that you need to have above 60% marks. Hence, you can't apply for such jobs because you don't fulfill the minimum criteria.

Only in case, you belong to reserved category, you will get relaxation in marks, which will help you to become eligible for GATE.
15th April 2017, 12:21 AM
khanexpert

Yes, you can apply for PSU job on the basis of B.Tech with the above mentioned percentage. You cannot improve your percentage, however, if you have completed your graduation this year, then you can apply for improvement examination, but if you have completed your graduation long time back, then you cannot go for it, but you can surely apply for various PSU jobs.
15th April 2017, 01:41 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot apply for the PSU job after the completion of B.Tech course with 59.64% as you are not eligible for it.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the PSU jobs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?