16th July 2015, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

What is value of SET score in becoming a School Teacher?

What is value of SET score in becoming a School Teacher?

Related Questions:
  1. Whether B.Ed is necessary to become private school teacher B.Tech(CSE) student? Should I have to appear in any entrance exam? Procedure to become Computer teacher in any private school?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for teacher in recognized school being a teacher in non affiliated CBSE school?
  3. Can I become a teacher in school after completion of M.Com course?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria to become a school teacher in Madhya Pradesh?
  5. How to do teaching after BCA? I have completed BCA course from Kanpur University
  6. How to be a teacher in central school after completing PG with Zoology and B.Ed
  7. Procedure to get transfer in CBSE affiliated school where skilled Biology teacher is available? Fee structure of the same school?
  8. Am I eligible for government teacher while working as a CS teacher in Matric School
  9. Can B.Ed. students apply for Primary Teacher posts in Government School of Delhi?
  10. Can I become a teacher after M.Com in school without B.Ed?
  11. Is B.Tech graduate eligible for school teaching posts?
  12. What is the procedure to follow to become a school teacher after completion of B.Tech degree?
  13. Who are installing school security camera?
  14. Which course should I join among MCA, M.Sc and B.Ed to become a Teacher? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What is the procedure to apply for teacher post in Kendriya Vidyalaya school? When there will be vacancy in the school?
  16. Steps to be taken for transfer from one CBSE school to another? What would be the fee structure of that school?
  17. What is the qualification necessary to get a government job in Mumbai?
  18. What is the minimum qualification required for computer teacher in secondary school?
17th July 2015, 04:29 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is value of SET score in becoming a School Teacher?

SET score is valuable in order to become a teacher in a state and not outside of it, therefore if you have opted for SET examination, you will be probably to be eligible for a teachers job in that particular state but I am sorry to say that you won't be eligible to apply for a Teachers job in any school outside of your State, for that you would probably need a NET score.
17th July 2015, 02:17 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

SET stands for State Level Eligibility Test. It is a exam which is conduced by each and every state for aspirants of lecturer. If you want to do government lecturer job then you will require to qualify NET/SET exam after completion of your master degree. You can get lecturer job in private institution without qualifying this exam but there you need to compromise with your salary. I private colleges salary to lecturer's are lower than that of government lecturer. Also job offered by private institution is temporary and salary is given on the basis of your experience and requirement. They have authority to fire you any time.

If you clear NET/SET examination then you will be able to get lecturer job in government college. You will get salary according to government pay scale with all benefits which a government employee gets. Also you will get a good salary package on time. Your job will be fixed and you will get promotion in this job.

The education qualification required for NET/SET examination is master degree with minimum 55% of marks for general candidates. 5% relaxation is provided to SC/ST category candidates. Students who are appearing in final year may also apply for this examination. There is no age limit for NET/SET examination but you must follow age criteria offered for different lecturer jobs in government sector.

Now in your case, As you want to make your career as a school teacher then you need not to qualify NET/SET examination. You will get job of school teacher on the basis of your master degree.

I suggest you to give this exam and qualify it. If you clear this exam then you will be able to get a government job which is much more beneficial for you in all aspects.
18th July 2015, 06:05 AM
pointer01

Hello,

SET stands for State Level Eligibility Test. So, by having SET you can only get the teaching job with in your state only.You cannot get the job outside of your State.
If you qualify SET then, you are eligible to get the teacher job in government college.
You must have a master's degree with minimum 55% to qualify set.You will get the good salary package with having SET.

Good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?