29th August 2015, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

What can I do to get the government jobs being an commerce student?

Dear Sir/Mam,

I am Jyoti Shikha and completed my m.com in 2007 and looking for government job. Please guide me the right direction for getting the job asap? Can you please help me out to get the complete information soon as possible?

With Regards
Jyoti Shikha

29th August 2015, 06:25 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can I do to get the government jobs being an commerce student?

You have the option of government jobs at officer rank in almost each field except such as Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, Indian Railways as for these only science stream students are eligible.

You have the career options in administrative field, law & order field, banking field, teaching field, defense field, etc. . But for joining any of the mentioned examination you need to clear their respective entrance examination which are UPSC & State PSC, CLAT, IBPS exam & SBI exam, TET, CDS respectively.

For appearing in these examination you need to satisfy some other qualifications such as nationality, age limit, physical and mental fitness etc. also for which you can log on to the their respective official link.
29th August 2015, 06:48 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

There are wide range of job opportunities for the candidates who completed Masters in commerce.

They can apply for the following government organizations :

* GAIL.

* SAIL.

* Securities and Exchange board of India, SEBI.

* Power Finance corporation limited.

* Container Corporation of India.

* Vignyan industries Limited, BEML.

You can also write various government exams conducted by upsc and ssc.

* IAS.

* IPS.

* IFS.

* Indian Army.

* Railways.

* IBPS.

You can for the above mentioned jobs as you fulfilled the educational requirement. The candidate should take entrance exam for the respective post. After completing the interview round, the aspirants are selected for the positions to which they applied.
29th August 2015, 07:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam,

I am Jyoti Shikha and completed my m.com in 2007 and looking for government job. Please guide me the right direction for getting the job asap? Can you please help me out to get the complete information soon as possible?

With Regards
Jyoti Shikha
You have completed M.Com degree so you can apply for government sector jobs like Indian Civil Service exam. So you can apply for Civil Service through UPSC.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
29th August 2015, 08:22 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

AS you are a commerce student & completed M.Com which is a post graduate degree , Then you can prepare for IAS, IPS, IFS , exam which is conducted through UPSC every year , there are certain eligibility criteria for this exam which are as follows :

*The candidates should be a citizen of India.
*The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
*The age limit is 21 - 30 years, there is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.
The final year students can also apply for this exam.

For more details visit website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th August 2015, 09:22 PM
candycrush

There are variety of fields in which you can apply for .

The first you have to decide to want to go for the core job or the general government official jobs.

Since you are already a graduate degree holder so you are eligible for all the jobs that advertise graduate holder as the educational requirements.

You can apply for the Accounts officers or the assistant accountant in the government sectors.

Defence Core jobs

In defence you can apply for Indian defence accounts service IDAS

In this you are required for looking after defense accounts

Railways

In railways you can become divisional railways officer and with promotion you can be senuir divisional accounts officer

Banks.....

In banks you can apply from the clerk to the probationary officers

SSC CGL

You can apply for the assistant accountants

You can apply for the IAS or the IPS, IFS jobs for which you are required to clear the UPSC civil services exam
30th August 2015, 11:49 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear Sir/Mam,

With Regards
Jyoti Shikha
For being the commerce student, you can try jobs in Banking Sector i.e. in Public Sector Banks. The IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) is conducting an examination for the jobs in 20 public sector banks. There will be a Common Written Examination (CWE). If you clear the examination, there is a next step is interview if you clear the interview you will be placed in any one of the PSU banks.

Apart from bank job there are other jobs also available in state government. For the jobs in state government department the state government will conduct examinations. If you clear the examination, then there will be an interview, if you clear the interview you will be placed in the government department. There are also vacancies in railways also. One can also write RRB examinations. The aspirant can approach all the examinations so that he may clear any one of them and get a job in the government sector.
30th August 2015, 04:39 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There are so many government jobs available for the commerce stream candidates but you will have to crack entrance exams in order to get any government job due to the fact that competition is very tough for exams. Vacancies are less and candidates apply for the exams is more and more.

Being a commerce candidate, you can apply for the following entrance exams to get government if you satisfy the age limit:

1. Civil Services examination for becoming IPS, IRS, IFS officer etc.

The age limit for the exam is 21-32 years. Reserved category candidates are eligible to get upper age relaxations.

2. IBPS Common written exam for post of clerk and PO jobs. The age limit for clerk is 20-28 years and for probationary officer is 20-30 years.

3. You can apply for the Combined defense Services. The age limit for OTA is 19-25 years and for IMA is 19-24 years.

4. You are also eligible for the Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level exam.
30th August 2015, 07:07 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

In order to get a government job being a commerce stream candidate, you need to apply for the various government job entrance exams and clear the written test and personal interview.

1. You can apply for the banking entrance exams in different banks. IBPS conducts common written exam for the post of clerk and PO in different banks.

The age limit is 20-28 for clerks and 20-30 years for PO.

2. For defense sector jobs, if your age is between 19-25 years, you can apply for Combined Medical services.

3. You can also apply for the jobs in Staff Selection Commission. At bachelor's degree level, you can appear for the Combined Graduate level exam. The age limit is 18-30 years for different posts.
31st August 2015, 05:12 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends.............

You are from the commerce side so you can apply for the Executive manager in HR or Finance field .
In the government companies jobs eligibility :
Educational Qualification:
you should be passed the B.com with two year master degree course in MBA/ M.com with at least 65% marks from any recognized university.
or
You should be passed the CA or ICWAI qualified course .
Age limit: age must be below the 27 years.
selection process:
1. written test
2. Interview

Government companies in which you can apply :
BHEL
IOCL
ONGC
NTPC
POWER GRID
SAIL
GAIL
MTNL etc

Some other government field job posts in which you can apply :

1. IAS, IPS etc through the respective entrance exam conducted by the UPSC department
2. Bank job post PO / clerk etc through the IBPS entrance exam
3. Defence service job post through the CDS entrance exam in the non-technical department/ pilot job post etc .............
4. Railways field job post through the RRB entrance exam

All the best
1st September 2015, 12:25 AM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends.............
For most of the Govt Jobs You must Have Graduation Only here Stream is Not Required....
Here Some Jobs Mentioned For You To get ......
List of Government Jobs in India after completing 12th standard with Commerce:
Indian Railways as
In Banking Sector as a Clerical Level
State Public Service Commission's
Constable post in State police
Village Revenue Officers
Village Revenue Assistants
Junior assistants
Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission for
Data Entry Operators
Lower Division Clerks
Stenographers
Yes, you can apply for Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, Indian Forest Service being a Commerce student.
But for IAS and IPS you have to be a Graduate from any field.

All the best..
6th September 2015, 03:21 PM
samudra_s

Post Re: What can I do to get the government jobs being an commerce student?

Quote:
Dear Sir/Mam,

With Regards
Jyoti Shikha

Hello,

You can do various government exams conducted by upsc and ssc like:
  • IAS.
  • IPS.
  • IFS.
  • Indian Army.
  • Railways.
  • IBPS.

Government companies in which you can apply :
  • BHEL
  • IOCL
  • ONGC
  • NTPC
  • POWER GRID
  • SAIL
  • GAIL
  • MTNL...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?