23rd December 2017, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between OBC and OC caste?

I have just applied for the clerk post and I just put my category as an OBC even though my caste is OC. That's because in that I had a confusion of "B" that's why I did so.

23rd December 2017, 09:07 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between OBC and OC caste?

The difference between OBC and OC caste is Other Backward Class and Other Class. The Other Backward Class means that they are financially weak and the Other Class means that they are financially strong. There is reservation provided to OBC category candidates and not for OC category candidates. So, I suggest you to correct the details in your application form if the last date for submission of application form is not completed to apply for Clerk post.
25th December 2017, 03:19 AM
smdk

Default Re: What is the difference between OBC and OC caste?

OC means Other Class also called as open Category or General(GEN). They don't have any age relaxation, number of attempts in any of the government jobs that means no reservation.
OBC means Other Backward Class have reservation in government jobs. They are economically and socially very backward.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?