23rd December 2017, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

Can I achieve my dream of Air Force being a Commerce student?

Hello Sir, I am a commerce student. Now in a second year B.Com. I am interested in Indian air force. Rather it's my dream. But, due to lack of information I have chosen a different stream. But, now may I achieve my dream? As an Indian Air Force officer? Waiting for your reply Sir.

23rd December 2017, 08:40 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I achieve my dream of Air Force being a Commerce student?

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to apply for airforce stream being a Commerce student. Being a Commerce student you can apply for Indian Army through NDA examination but not for Air Force.
23rd December 2017, 08:50 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force being a Commerce student. For joining in Indian Air Force, you should have passed 12th standard or Bachelor's degree course with Physics and Mathematics subjects at 12th standard level from a recognised board. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard with Science stream, being a Commerce stream student, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force.
23rd December 2017, 08:55 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification needed for joining in Indian Air Force is that the candidate must have completed plus 2 with Physics and Mathematics as subjects for joining in Indian Air Force. As you have done in commerce stream you are not eligible for joining in Indian Air Force. If you satisfy the above mentioned criteria then you would have chances of writing the NDA exam. Being a Commerce student you are eligible to join Indian Army through NDA examination but not for Indian Air Force.
23rd December 2017, 09:42 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Air Force you must have physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects. So you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force after B.Com.

After B.Com you can apply for Indian Army.

You have to apply for CDS exam after BCom to apply for Indian Army post.

For CDS exam - age limit should be in between 19 to 25 years.

This exam held twice a year.

After passing the exams you will called for SSB.
24th December 2017, 12:09 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you have passed 12th with Physics and Mathematics as main paper then you can achieve your dream after qualifying in AFCAT or CDS examination.

The examination is conducted in two stages :-

Written.

SSB.

Candidates after qualifying in written stage have to qualify in SSB stage for final selection.

To get detail information about syllabus and examination at http://www.upsc.gov.in or http://www.careerairforce.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?