4th March 2018, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

What is the score expected in GATE exam to get a government job?

What is the score expected in GATE exam to get a government job? Can you please let me know the government jobs and their required score in GATE? I need to know the details soon in order to ensure I will be eligible for the jobs to apply. Thank you!

31st March 2018, 03:14 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the score expected in GATE exam to get a government job?

The minimum GATE score for getting a job in government sector is the qualifying marks of GATE. But I suggest you to get at least more than 400 marks in GATE to get good job.

Government companies which take GATE score for recruitment are:-
ISRO
BARC
DRDO
BHEL
GAIL
SAIL
BPCL
NTPC
ONGC
IOCL
Indian OIL
31st March 2018, 04:13 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

You can get good jobs in Public Sector Undertakings on basis of GATE rank. Top PSUs like:

NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL,ONGC, IOCL, HPCL, DRDO, State power companies etc, call top GATE students for interview.

GATE is of 100 questions. You should aim to solve at least 70 correct questions to get shortlisted in top PSUs. GATE rank upto 200 have good chances of getting call for interview.
31st March 2018, 06:58 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

You have to score at least 60 marks to get a government job through GATE examination. You have to secure less than 1000 rank in GATE examination to be eligible to get a government job. Through GATE examination, you can get job in government companies like HPCL, SAIL, BHEL, BEL, ONGC, GAIL, etc.,. So, I suggest you to prepare well and appear in the GATE examination, so, that you can get a government job.
2nd April 2018, 02:57 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

These are PSUs like BARC, IOCL, Power grid, HPCL, PSPCL, BSNL, CIL, NTPC, BBNL etc. recruit GATE pass candidates on based of the scorecard of GATE exam.

How many average score need to get this government jobs is completely variable and dynamic each year. It depends on the particular engineering branch, relative performance of aspirants in their respective branch.

If you are in mechanical branch and you are securing rank up to 1200, you may have opportunity to get interview call from PSUs and if you are in ECE/CSE branch ,You’ll be in safe zone if you secure rank upto 200 in Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering(GATE).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?