10th December 2015, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Government job after B.Tech in electrical with 73% and with very poor marks in HS?

I have 73% in B.Tech in electrical but I have very poor marks in h.s, it's 52% if I get a good rank in get exam, Is there any problem for me for any govt. job. Please reply me.

10th December 2015, 11:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Government job after B.Tech in electrical with 73% and with very poor marks in HS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have 73% in B.Tech in electrical but I have very poor marks in h.s, it's 52% if I get a good rank in get exam, Is there any problem for me for any govt. job. Please reply me.
You have completed B.Tech in Electrical Engineering so you are eligible for government sector jobs like IES and BSNL JTO exam.

IES exam:-

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

BSNL JTO exam:-

If you have completed BE or B.Tech or equivalent degree from below given departments from a recognized Institution/University then you are eligible for BSNL JTO exam. The eligible departments are,

i. Telecommunication
ii. Electronics
iii. Radio
iv. Computer
v. Electrical
vi. Information Technology

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
11th December 2015, 12:45 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Government job after B.Tech in electrical with 73% and with very poor marks in HS?

No, you'll have no problem if you get good marks in the GATE exam.

As you have secured 70%, you are eligible for the GATE exam.Based on GATE score you will get job opportunities in the PSU's like :

* SAIL.

* GAIL.

* IOCL.

* NTPC.

* ONGC.

* HPCL.

* BHEL.

* HAL.

* ECIL.

* DRDO.

* BEL.

* BARC.

If you get low GATE score, then you can apply for the following government sectors :

* Railways.

* Banking sector.

* Postal services.

* Indian Army.

* Indian Navy.

* IAS.

* IPS.

* IFS.

For these sectors, the candidate should qualify in the entrance exam and interview and Medical test if necessary. These exams are conducted by the UPSC or SSC or other government authorities.
11th December 2015, 06:38 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There are certain Public Sector Undertakings which accept candidates who have good GATE score and less percentage of marks in 10+2. So, focus on Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering exam and try to secure a rank within top 500 or your stream.

After getting shortlisted by any PSU, you will be called for interview. GATE is of 100 marks and if you manage to score 70 marks, definitely you will be among top rankers.

You can also apply for Indian Engineering Services exam.
11th December 2015, 01:59 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, there will be no problem for applying for jobs in government sector if you secured less marks at higher secondary level.
Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university. There is no minimum percentage in most of the government jobs like banking jobs, UPSC jobs, SSC jobs etc.
Also there is no minimum percentage criteria in Higher secondary classes.
If candidate fulfil all the eligibility criteria for the government jobs like Nationality, age limit etc. then he/she is eligible for it.
11th December 2015, 11:59 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The aspirant can work in companies like Neyveli Lignite Corporation, NTPC, Power Grid Corporation, BHEL, Indian Railways, Staff Selection Commission, Banks, Indian Coast Guard, Indian Air Force, NHPC, Govt of West Bengal, Manipur PSC, Haryana SSC, Oil India, LMRCL, Meghalaya NPCC, Visakhapatnam Port Trust, Kolkata Port Trust, CCI, Syndicate Bank, Software and IT companies etc.

The marks scored in HSC will not affect your growth and job opportunities.
You can get the job vacancy details in the newspapers and job portals.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?