22nd July 2017, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to become an IPS officer after B.Sc non-medical?

Hi, I am Lovedeep. I am passed my 12th science with 81 present marks. Now I am going to be B.Sc non-medical. After my graduation, what should I do to become an IPS officer? Please tell me quickly.

23rd July 2017, 03:53 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become an IPS officer after B.Sc non-medical?

After completing your graduation in any stream from a recognized college/university you have to appear for Civil Services examination. For this examination you must be an Indian citizen and your age should be in between 21 to 32 years. For SC/ST candidates the age is relaxed by 5 years and for OBC it is 3 years respectively. You should have a height of 165 cms and must be physically fit. After qualifying the examination you have to go through a physical test followed by personal interview which will decide your selection.
23rd July 2017, 06:45 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

After completion of graduation you have to give IPS exam which is conducted by UPSC. Candidates who have complete their graduation in any stream from a recognized board are eligible to write this exam. You can apply for this exam online at the official website of UPSC :

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
23rd July 2017, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

I am studying 12th state board now what is the best course to study after completion of my schooling but I don't want any courses in neither medicine nor engineering please say the answer quickly
23rd July 2017, 07:44 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To be an I.P.S Officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

To qualify in examination one must need to have dedication, devotion and determination towards the preparation for examination.

So, you must prepare for examination as according to syllabus of examination. The examination is conducted in three stages.

For syllabus and other detail about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd July 2017, 08:36 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To become an IPS officer after completion of your B.Sc. Non-Medical course from a recognised university. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to apply for IPS examination. The age criteria required to apply for IPS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules to be eligible to apply for an IPS officer examination.
23rd July 2017, 09:01 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Question Re: What should I do to become an IPS officer after B.Sc non-medical?

After completing your BSc in non medical stream you are eligible to appear in civil services exam in order to become an IPS officer in future.
This exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commision every year. All graduates are eligible to appear in this entrance exam.
So you should appear.
23rd July 2017, 09:17 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

In order to become an IPS (Indian Police Service) office you need to write Civil Service Examination which is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.
Eligibility for UPSC Civil Service Exam:
>A candidate must be an Indian citizen.
>Candidate should have passed bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized board.
>A candidate appearing for the final year examination of the graduation is also eligible to write the civil service examination.
>Age of the candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 30 years for general category candidates.For OBC and SC/ST candidates there are 3 years and 5 years of age relaxation is available respectively.
The Civil Service Examination consist of three stages: Prelims, Mains examination and Interview test.
Preparation for the examination can be made using reference books based on exam syllabus also practicing previous year question papers and reading daily news papers will be very useful to clear the examination.
24th July 2017, 11:52 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

You can apply for government jobs like-
Bank exams like IBPS PO and IBPS clerk.

You can apply for civil services exams . Through these exams you will become IPS officer, IAS officer etc.

For IBPS and civil services exam a candidate must be a graduate with any discipline.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?