16th September 2012, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to become an IPS officer? I am a 1st year BSc student

my name is MAHESHWAR NIRANJAN PATIL, now i am in 1st year Bsc (CBZ),from child hood my aim is to become IPS. please tel me WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO BECOME IPS? and WHAT TO READ FOR IT?

30th September 2012, 10:29 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to become an IPS officer? I am a 1st year BSc student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my name is MAHESHWAR NIRANJAN PATIL, now i am in 1st year Bsc (CBZ),from child hood my aim is to become IPS. please tel me WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO BECOME IPS? and WHAT TO READ FOR IT?
IPS stands for Indian Police Services and to become IPS officer you just have to apply for the Civil services examination, It is not easy to cracked this examination, you need 1-2 year preparation to cracked this examination. The examination is conducted every year in 2 stages, But you have to cracked the Preliminary examination. It is the first stage, and if you cracked this stage then you are eligible for Main examination.

There are two Objective papers in preliminary examination and if you cracked this exam, then your chances of getting selection will be 70%, rest 30% is depends on Main examination and Interview.

You need lots of hard work to cracked the Civil services examination, if you think to become IPS, then you have to prepared only for this examination.

To apply for this examination, you just have to complete your Graduation degree course in any discipline from recognised university.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.

Your age should between 21 to 30 years to apply for Civil services examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

If your graduation is not complete then complete it first and apply when you are pursuing your final year degree course.

You can get more details from the official website of UPSC.
30th September 2012, 11:25 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: What is the procedure to become an IPS officer? I am a 1st year BSc student

Quote:
If you are aspiring to become an IPS Officer then you have to apply for Civil Service Examination......

Eligibility and Criteria:

>> A candidate must have to completed their Graduation Degree with at least 55% from recognized Universities.....

>> Final Year student may also applicable....

Age limit:

• General category student:- 21-30 years
  • OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years
  • SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years

Attempt Limit:

• General - max. 4
  • OBC - max. 7.
  • SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:

1. Preliminary Exam.
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

Subjects for IPS:

1. Geography
  2. Geology
  3. History
  4. Law
  5. Arabic
  6. Assamese
  7. Bengali
  8. Agriculture
  9. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
  10. Anthropology
  11. Botany
  12. Chemistry
  13. Civil Engineering
  14. Commerce & Accountancy
  15. Economics
  16. Electrical Engineering

All the best

With Regards....
Dharm
30th September 2012, 11:32 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to become an IPS officer? I am a 1st year BSc student

Hi dear.......
IPS exam stands for Indian Police Service for which the candidates has to apply for Civil Service exam through which this exam is organized once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:

The candidates should be a graduate in any stream from a recognize university , the candidates should not be less than 21 yrs & not higher than 30 yrs.
There is a relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates.

Exam pattern:

For more details visit website .
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck................
30th September 2012, 11:40 PM
bhaskar51

Quote:
IPS stands for Indian Police Services and to become IPS officer you just have to apply for the Civil services examination, It is not easy to cracked this examination, you need 1-2 year preparation to cracked this examination. The examination is conducted every year in 2 stages, But you have to cracked the Preliminary examination. It is the first stage, and if you cracked this stage then you are eligible for Main examination.

There are two Objective papers in preliminary examination and if you cracked this exam, then your chances of getting selection will be 70%, rest 30% is depends on Main examination and Interview.

You need lots of hard work to cracked the Civil services examination, if you think to become IPS, then you have to prepared only for this examination.

To apply for this examination, you just have to complete your Graduation degree course in any discipline from recognised university.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.

Your age should between 21 to 30 years to apply for Civil services examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

If your graduation is not complete then complete it first and apply when you are pursuing your final year degree course.

You can get more details from the official website of UPSC.
1st October 2012, 12:00 AM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Hai,

Education Qualification for IPS Exam

*The candidate must be a citizen of india.

*Final year persuing candidates can also be eligible for this exam.

*There is no required percentage to appear this exam.

Age criteria:-

**For general candidates 21 years to 30years,

**3years age relaxation for OBC

**5Years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

regards....santhosh.........
1st October 2012, 01:20 AM
Nojrul1

If you want to IPS officer, at first you needed graduate degree from any recognished university. Then you join the Union Public Service
Commission (UPSC) recruitment in the
Civil Services Examination. The
Indian Police Service is one of the most desirable services in
India. The IPS is not a law
enforcement agency. It is a
group to which high ranked
police officers belong to. For this examination no number restiction are needed at any lavel.
This examination contain three parts
1.priliminary,
2. Main,
3. Interview,
for this exam your age limit 21 to 30, for details this exam please visit
www.upssc.nic.in
1st October 2012, 03:02 AM
pink28

Dear friend,

Its a dream for many candidates to become IPS officer.
Its feel good to hear you are one of them.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.
You can get into this after clearing “UPSC held Civil Services” examination.

The exam has 3 stages namely:
  • [*]Preliminary test
  • Mains exam
  • Interview

For a good preparation you can just start in the third year of graduation but its all good if you want to start it from your 1st year.

If you study sincerely then 1 year is sufficient to crack this exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

*** All students who have completed their bachelor's degree or are in their final year can apply for the exam.

*** Minimum marks required to appear for the test is 55%.

*** All candiadtes between age group 21 to 30 years can apply for the test.

There is an age relaxation given to reserved category;
SC/ST- 5yrs
OBC- 3yrs
PH- 10 yrs

According to latest pattern you will be having CSAT exam in the preliminary section.
If you clear CSAT exam then only you will be selected to appear for Mains exam.

CSAT stands for Civil Services Aptitude Test.

The CSAT has two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each and of two hours duration each.
The exam contains multiple types questions.

Papers I tests the General Awareness.

Paper II tests aptitude:
Logical Reasoning skills
Decision making skills
analytical ability
Data interpretation
English Language Comprehension skills
Quantitative aptitude

After you qualify in the both papers you are selected for mains exam.
Mains exam contains descriptive questions.

After you qualify in mains exam you are called for an interview the last step of selection procedure.
9th October 2012, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

I am khanjan now i study B.sc..What's book follow for become ips officer?
25th October 2012, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

goodmorning sir

i have been completed BCA(computer science) from ignou,
i want to apper in ips exam
Am i able to paper the IPS exam?
25th October 2012, 07:32 PM
SAM14U

Hello dear

-->> To serve in the Indian Police Service one has to pass the Civil Service Examination, which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission, every year.

>> This examination is a common examination conducted for selection to the other two All India Services as well as various other Group A and Group B services under the Central Government.

>> This examination consists of three stages. At stage one, there is an objective type examination called the Preliminary examination. This is a qualifying examination and only the candidates who clears this can appear for the next stage called the Main examination.

>> In the Main examination each candidate has to select two optional subjects, apart from which all candidates have to take a General Studies, Essay and compulsory language exam.

>> The Main examination is a very intensive subjective type examination for which marks are awarded. A shortlist is prepared on the basis of the Main examination and these candidates can compete in the third and final stage of exam called the Viva voce or the Interview.

>> The marks of the Main examination and the Interview are combined to prepare a final merit list of selected candidates.

Eligibility and Criteria:
A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Discipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
Final year students are also applicable.

Age limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.
OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:
General - max. 4
OBC - max. 7.
SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:
Preliminary Exam.
Main Exam
Interview

Physical Requirement:
Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm

All the best

With Regards.....
SAM
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?