27th May 2015, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

What should I study in B.Tech to join Indian Air Force after completing 12th PCM?

Hi,
I am in 12th. I have opted PCM in my 12th. So from my childhood I am very keen to join the Indian Air Force. Which course should I opt in B.Tech to join the IAF? Can I join the Indian Air Force after completing my B.Tech?

Related Questions:
  1. Can Girls join Indian Air Force after completing 12th PCM? Procedure to join?
  2. Best Air Force college in India? Is Air Force not suitable for girls?
  3. How to join Indian Air Force after completion of 12th class in PCM with 58% being a candidate with an age of 19 years?
  4. Can girls join Indian Air Force after completing 12th with PCM subjects?
  5. Can I join Indian Air Force after getting 57.8% in PCM in 12th standard?
  6. How to join Air Force after completing BSc? I have completed 12th from PCM
  7. How can I join Indian Air Force after completing 12th commerce?
  8. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  9. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How to join Indian Air Force after completing 12th in March
  11. How can I join Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)? Percentage required to join? Entrance exams to join?
  12. In which college or university can I join after completing 12th from PCM to join Air Force
  13. Can girls join Indian Air Force after passing 12th with PCM? I want to join air force
  14. How can I join Indian Airforce after passing 12th in PCM stream and BSc Biotech(Hons)?
  15. How to join Indian Air force as a pilot after completing 12th in PCM and graduation with BBA?
  16. Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester in BE IT after completion of Diploma?
  17. How to join Indian Air Force after completing 12th with 50%?
  18. How to join Indian Air Force after completing 12th
30th May 2015, 03:55 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study in B.Tech to join Indian Air Force after completing 12th PCM?

Yes dear definitely there is a restriction on the type of stream in Engineering for Indian Air Force. More there are number of ways to join into the Indian Air Force with B.Tech.

Coming to the streams allowed for Indian Air Force jobs are listed below. You can have a look on it and except below stream No one is eligible to apply for Indian Air Force with B.Tech qualification.

* Mechanical Engineering

* Electrical Engineering

* Electronics and Communication Engineering

* Aeronautical Engineering

* Computer Science Engineering

* Instrumentation Engineering

* Tele communication Engineering

And under Indian Air force you will have number of options and branches available and these branches are also given here.

--> Flying duty branch

--> Ground duty branch

--> Technical branch

Among these you are eligible to apply for Technical branch in Indian Air Force.
30th May 2015, 12:57 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study in B.Tech to join Indian Air Force after completing 12th PCM?

Air Force Common Aptitude Test (AFCAT) is conducted on a larger scale to recruit candidates in three branches of Air Force i.e., Flying branch, Technical branch and Ground duties.

The eligibility criteria for AFCAT exam in three branches are listed below.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be the citizen of India.

* Candidate can be Male/ female who are unmarried.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS :

FLYING BRANCH :

* Candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent with physics and mathematics subjects.

* Candidate should have passed graduation (B.E/ B.Tech) in any stream.

* Age limit of the candidate should be 19-23 years.

TECHNICAL BRANCH :

* Candidate should have passed four year degree qualification in Aeronautical/ Tele communication/ Electronics.

* Candidate should have passed 10+2 with physics and mathematics subjects.

* Candidate's age should range between 18-28 years.

GROUND DUTIES :

* Candidate should have passed 10+2 with PCM subjects.

* Candidate should have passed graduation in any stream.

* Candidate's age should lie between 20-23 years.

Not only AFCAT exam, you can write CDSE, NCC, UES entry scheme examination in order to join Indian Air Force.

However, you can also join Indian Air Force after 12th PCM through NDA examination which is conducted twice in a year.
30th May 2015, 01:34 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To join in Indian Air Force after completion of your 12th standard, you must have to pursue Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university and you need to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. Eligibility Criteria required to appear in CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 19-24 years old.

3. You must have completed Bachelor's degree with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering from a recognized University.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.

Yes, you can join in Indian Air Force after completion of your B.Tech course by appearing and qualifying in CDS examination.
30th May 2015, 02:04 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

There is no restrictions on that. You can pursue what you want to study. So, don't worry about your graduation. Even, intermediate candidate can join Indian Air Force through NDA Examination.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy Examination is conducted by UPSC two times in a year for admission to Air Force Wings, Naval Wings and Army wings. The examination will be held in the month of August and April.

Eligibility:

-Intermediate with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized School or equivalent qualification.
-No percentage bar is there to apply for this examination.
-Unmarried male candidates are eligible. Female candidates are ineligible to apply.
-Age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

After completing B.Tech course, you have to crack the CDS examination to join Indian Air Force. CDS Examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The examination will be held in the month of February and September.

Eligibility:

-Degree with Mathematics at intermediate level from a recognized School or equivalent qualification.
-No percentage bar is there to apply for this examination.
-Unmarried male candidates are eligible.
-Age should be between 19 to 24 years.
30th May 2015, 03:41 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

You have to take admission in following branches in B.Tech to join Indian Air Force :
  • Electronics
  • Tele-communication
  • Electrical
  • Electrical Communication
  • Electronics & Communication
  • Instrumentation
  • Computer Science & Engineering

After completion of your B.Tech you can apply for Combined Defence Services Exam or Air Force Common Admission Test to join Indian Air Force.

Candidate must have to secure more than 60% marks overall in his/her engineering degree.

Pre-final year candidates can also apply for University Entry Scheme.
30th May 2015, 07:18 PM
Ashwakh

In B.tech there are many branches like ECE , EEE , Mechanical , Civil , CSE , etc.
You can take Mechanical branch in B.tech . It is because , if you take Mechanical branch in B.tech , then you can join in Technical branch of Airforce through AFCAT exam .

~ After completion of your B.tech , you can apply for the AFCAT exam to join in Airforce.

AFCAT - airforce common admssion test

The AFCAT exam includes ,
1. Technical branch
2. Flying branch
3. Ground duty branch

1. Technical branch :-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To join in Technical branch through afcat exam , age shouldbe in between 18-28 years only.

2.Flying branch:-
~~~~~~~~~~~
> Fighters
> Helicopters
> Transports

To join in Flying branch through afcat exam , age shouldbe in between 19-23 years only

3. Ground duty branch :-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Administration
> Logistics
> Education
> Accounts
> Meterology

To join in Ground duty branch , age shouldbe in between 20-23 years only for the Graduates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?