28th June 2015, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Will I get same category status if appear in West Bengal Civil Service exam being a Schedule Tribe candidate?

Dear Sir,
I am belongs from Jharkhand and I am Schedule Tribe(ST) candidate. Will I get the same ST status if I appear for West Bengal Civil Service exam? Please clarify me regarding this.

Related Questions:
  1. Is knowledge of Bengali reading and writing necessary for West Bengal Civil Service Exam?
  2. Is Resident of Chandigarh eligible for Home State Quota in NIT Jalandhar?
  3. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for B.Ed. in West Bengal? List of colleges in West Bengal for B.Ed. course? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Age limit for WBCS exams?
  5. Tentative schedule of exam for police prosecutor by west bengal public service commission
  6. Age limit in Bihar Combined Civil Service exam for General Candidates?
  7. Public Service Commission, West Bengal Departmental Examination For Officers of The West Bengal Civil Service(executive)-Law Paper-II (Land Laws and General Laws) Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  8. How many times could a schedule tribe(ST) candidate appear for IIT exam
  9. How many attempts are allowed for West Bengal Civil Services Exams?
  10. Previous years question papers of Management of West Bengal Civil Service?
  11. Date of West Bengal Civil Services exam 2015
  12. Eligibility to apply in West Bengal Entrance exam for a candidate studying in Bangalore and belonging to West Bengal?
  13. Recruitment available in West Bengal School Service Commission for B.A.(Urdu) candidate?
  14. Previous years question papers of West bengal service?
  15. How many attempts are allowed for West Bengal Civil Services Exams?
  16. Is B.A certificate of EIILM university is valid in Odisha
  17. Eligibility to appear in West Bengal School Service Commission exam for MCA final year candidate
  18. How many seats are available for MBBS seat of SC category in West Bengal
29th June 2015, 11:25 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get same category status if appear in West Bengal Civil Service exam being a Schedule Tribe candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I am belongs from Jharkhand and I am Schedule Tribe(ST) candidate. Will I get the same ST status if I appear for West Bengal Civil Service exam? Please clarify me regarding this.
WBCS - West Bengal Civil Service

This is a Civil Service exam conducted by West Bengal and there are eligibility criteria needed to be satisfied in order to apply and they are:
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Educational Qualification

-> The nationality standard needed is citizenship in India as per the nationality standard.

-> Age limit needed is 21-35 years for general category candidates and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as for SC/ST it is 5 years exception and for OBC candidates it is 3 years exception.

-> The educational qualification states that candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university and should have known to write, read and speak in Bengali.

If you satisfy all these criteria then you can apply for WBCS. Candidates are selected through:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

The Preliminary Examination will consist of General Studies paper. It is a objective type consisting of 200 Multiple-choice questions. The total marks is 200 marks and will be of 2 1 /2 hours duration. The Main Examination will consist of five Compulsory papers and two optional subjects and is of 100 marks with 3 hours duration.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?