18th July 2017, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CA course after B.Sc. in biotechnology?

I have completed my B.Sc. in biotechnology and now I want to pursue CA course. Am I eligible for the course and if I am, then what's the procedure for the admission, fees and the duration?

19th July 2017, 04:48 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CA course after B.Sc. in biotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my B.Sc. in biotechnology and now I want to pursue CA course. Am I eligible for the course and if I am, then what's the procedure for the admission, fees and the duration?

Yes, you are eligible for CA course after B.Sc in Biotechnology course. You should have scored at least 60% marks in your graduation to be eligible to join the IPCC directly or otherwise you have to appear for CA Common Proficiency Test (CPT) and then register yourself for the CA Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC). After completion of the IPCC, you have to register yourself for articleship training. After completion of it, you can register for CA Final. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is conducting the course. The ICAI website link is given Click Here

19th July 2017, 06:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, B.Sc candidates are not eligible for CA course.

Those candidates who have completed B.Com course from a recognized University are eligible for CA course.

19th July 2017, 06:45 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes you are eligible for CA (Chartered Accountancy) after completing B.Sc in Biotechnology.
A candidate, with 60% marks in bachelor of science degree from a recognized university, is eligible to enroll directly for 2nd stage of CA that is IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course).
In order to take admission, kindly contact your nearest ICAI regional Center or refer to the official website of ICAI given below http://www.icai.org/
Fees required for CPT is approximately Rs 12000/ (Without coaching).
Fees required for IPCC is approximately 18000/ (Without coaching).
CA final (Coaching is required for selected subjects) Rs 20000-30000 for all subjects.
For a graduate it will take 4 years to complete this course.

20th July 2017, 01:03 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for the CA course after the completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology as you belong to the Science field. Commerce field candidates are eligible to opt for the CA course.
Candidates those who have completed their B.Com degree course from a recognized University can apply for the CA course applying from IPCC part directly.

20th July 2017, 01:34 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CA refers to Chartered Accountancy and same is a professional degree course with a very good and bright career scope.

Further the whole CA course is divided into three stages which includes Common Proficiency Test (ii) Integrated Professional Competence Course and (iii) the final stage.

To be eligible for pursuing CPT i.e; the first stage of CA course one is required to have completed his Class 12th academics in any discipline from a recognized board. Further there is provision of exemption of CPT for students who register for IPCC after completion of their B.Com degree with 55% marks ( or other bachelor degree with 60% marks ) from a recognized university.

So having completed B.Sc in Biotechnology you are eligible for CA course through CPT route as well as through direct entry scheme ( by exemption of CPT ) if you have managed 60% marks in your B.Sc degree course. Further the minimum duration of CA course through these route is 4.5 years and 3 years respectively.

20th July 2017, 10:13 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required for doing CA Course:

There is a certain educational qualification required in order to be eligible for doing CA (Chartered Accountancy) course. You can apply for membership of CA levels and they include,

>> Common Proficiency Test

>> Integrated Professional Competence Course

>> Final Examination

In general, in order to appear in CPT Test the basic educational qualification is as follows. Non Commerce background candidates with minimum 60% marks are exempted from writing this test. So you can directly go with IPCC course.

As you have completed B.Sc in Biotechnology course, yes you are eligible to pursue CA IPCC and then CA Final Examination course.

20th July 2017, 10:43 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Any stream candidates can apply for CA course, B.Sc student , you are also eligible to apply for CA course

The duration of the CA course is 4 years and the course is divided into Foundation, Intermediate and Final course.

The eligibility criteria for CA course:-

For foundation course:-

You must have passed 12th in any subjects from a recognised school or equivalent.

For a Intermediate course:-

You must have a graduate degree in any discipline form a recognised University.

Minimum marks required for intermediate course:-

The minimum marks required percentage for admission to CA Intermediate course is 55% for Commerce graduate.

The minimum marks required percentage for admission to CA intermediate course is 60% for science and other stream graduate.

Since you completed graduation course in science stream. It is mandatory for you to score at least 60% marks in graduation in order to pursue for CA Intermediate course.

The applicant who is interested to purse CA course, can send the filled application form with a DD of Rs 200 to the ICAI regional office.

For more information please visit here:-

http://www.icai.org/.

30th June 2022, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I do ca after completing of bsc biotechnology

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?