6th February 2016, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for giving CA exam after completion graduation in commerce with 49.50% marks?

Am I eligible for giving CA exam after completion graduation in commerce with 49.50% marks? Can someone please give me the information on the same? Kindly give me the answer soon on this.. It will be really helpful for me. Thank you!

7th February 2016, 01:59 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for giving CA exam after completion graduation in commerce with 49.50% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible for giving CA exam after completion graduation in commerce with 49.50% marks? Can someone please give me the information on the same? Kindly give me the answer soon on this.. It will be really helpful for me. Thank you!
Yes, you are definitely eligible for Chartered Accountant after completing Graduation with 49.50% percentage of marks.

Chartered Accountant is a four years professional course which is divided into three levels, Foundation, Intermediate and Final course.

- The applicant must have completed 10+2 in any discipline from a recognized board to be eligible for the Foundation course.
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream with not less than 60% of marks from a certified university\college. Up to 5% of marks relaxation will be given to the candidate who are belong to the Commerce stream.

Since, you have scored below 55% of marks at Graduation level so you are not directly eligible for Intermediate course. However, you are eligible for Foundation course.

Official website - www.icai.org.in/
7th February 2016, 02:30 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for giving CA exam after completion graduation in commerce with 49.50% marks?

To become Chartered Accountant after graduation you have to follow these steps:

Qualify CPT examination
Register for integrated professional competence course
Complete 9 months of study course
Complete 100 hours of Information Technology training
Complete orientation course
Pass group1 or both groups of IPCC
Register as articled assistants for a period of 3 years Pass group 2 of IPCC
Appear in final examination
Pass both groups of final examination
Get final examination certificate
Complete course on general management and communication skills
Role as a member of ICAI and designated as Chartered Accountant
7th February 2016, 04:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CA stands for Chartered Accountancy. This course has different levels or you can say stages namely:

>>Common Proficiency Test.

>>Integrated Professional Competence Course.

>>Final course.

The minimum qualification for CPT exam is 10+2 passed from a recognized board. Candidates who have done bachelor's degree or master's degree can apply for direct entry into IPCC if they have secured minimum of 55% marks in bachelor's degree.

Since you have only 49.5% marks in bachelor's degree, you will have to appear for CPT test and you are not directly eligible for IPCC stage. CPT is conducted twice every year by ICAI in June and December. You first need to crack CPT in order to enter into this course.
7th February 2016, 07:47 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to do CA course after Graduation:

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to do CA course after completion of Graduation with just 49.50% marks. Yes, you are not eligible to apply as you have not met the required percentage criteria. The minimum percentage required in Graduation is "55% marks". Candidates who have completion their Graduation are exempted from appearing in CPT Examination. So you are allowed to do appear for IPCC Examination directly after Graduation. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible is given below.

>> Graduation or Post Graduation in Commerce with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university.
7th February 2016, 11:56 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for CA after commerce graduation with 49.5% marks but you have to appear for Common Proficiency Test (CPT). The eligibility to study CA inter course directly is a B.Com with 55% marks. So the aspirant has to complete the CPT before joining in CA course. After clearing the inter course you can register as Articled Clerks for practical training. The aspirant should attend computer training programme for 100 hours during inter course. After clearing inter course you can register for final course. The website link is given
http://www.icai.org/post.html?post_id=3923
17th March 2016, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO REGISTER FOR CPT EXAMINATION FOR CHARTERED ACCOUNTANCY? IS THERE ANY AGE LIMIT FOR APPEARING FOR CPT EXAM?
15th June 2016, 06:53 PM
Expert king

Yes, you are eligible for CA course.
The minimum qualification for CPT exam is 10+2 passed from a recognized board.
So, you are eligible to apply for CA CPT.
If you have secured 55% in your graduation then you have a chance to join CA IPCC course directly with the skip of CA IPCC, but have only 49% of marks then you can eligible to apply through CA CPT Route.

After qualifying the CPT you can eligible for CA IPCC after that CA Final.
15th June 2016, 08:09 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

In CA course have 2 entries.
1.Join CA course through CA CPT route for this you need just 10+2 from recognized board, and here no age limit is there.
2.Join the CA course through direct entry scheme, for this you need to complete graduation with minimum of 55% for commerce graduates and 60% for other gradates, and through this scheme you can eligible to join in CA IPCC directly.
So, here you have graduation but not having 55%, so, you are eligible to enter the CA Course through CA CPT route.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?