14th March 2015, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

BHMS holder is eligible for IAS or PCS?

Someone please tell me that am i eligible for ias or pcs after bhms?...kindly help me out with this!...

14th March 2015, 03:31 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: BHMS holder is eligible for IAS or PCS?

BHMS graduates are eligible for Indian Administrative Services having "Graduation" as an Educational Qualification. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for IAS is "Graduation" or Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university. In Civil Services Main Examination there are many optional subjects namely, Management, Agriculture, Civil Engineering, Medical Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Zoology, Psychology, Botany, Chemistry, Indian History, Anthropology, Commerce and Accountancy, Public Administration.. So you are required to choose Optional subjects in you own in Civil Services (Main) Examination. Apart from this, you are also eligible to appear in selected PCS (Public Service Examinations) like "Union Public Service Commission" being a BHMS graduate since "Graduation" in any stream is accepted.
14th March 2015, 04:28 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yes of course, you are eligible to apply for IAS Examination. There is no doubt on that. They are asking only graduation so there is no issue on the graduation in BHMS. So don't worry you are definitely eligible to apply for this examination. Graduation is mandatory to apply for IAS Examination.

To apply for IAS Examination, the applicant need to appear for civil service examination. Civil Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year. This year notification is not yet released. But the notification will be published in the month of June/July in the official website of UPSC.

Eligibility Criteria :

-> You should be citizen of India.
-> You should have passed degree in any desired subject from a reputed Institution.
-> Your age should be between 21 years to 32 years as on 1st August of the year of examination.
-> Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course are eligible to apply.
14th March 2015, 04:56 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Bachelor of Homeopathy medicine and surgery(BHMS) is an undergraduate course, so BHMS holder is eligible for applying for IAS or PCS. The eligibility for a IAS or PCM is, the candidate must completed his graduation from recognized university in India, must have the age limit. He must show his degree certificate at the interview. Candidate must be an Indian.
14th March 2015, 11:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Someone please tell me that am i eligible for ias or pcs after bhms?...kindly help me out with this!...
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
26th February 2021, 09:36 AM
Maahi14

Yes, definitely you are eligible for IAS and PCS as well.
As one must have graduation degree in hand to apply for IAS exams.
For more details plz visit this website
www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?