10th August 2017, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Can a commerce student pursue Architecture course?

Sir, I am a student of commerce 12th standard & passed 10th in 2016. I want to take architecture. As rules recently change before our admission. So, can I pursue further for architecture?

Related Questions:
10th August 2017, 11:08 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a commerce student pursue Architecture course?

Yes, being a commerce student you can pursue architectural course after 12th. But, you should have studied mathematics as one of your compulsory subjects in 12th then only you will be eligible otherwise not. With this eligibility you have to appear for NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture). So, if you score well in the examination then you can get admission in colleges to pursue the above mentioned course.
13th August 2017, 12:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am a student of commerce 12th standard & passed 10th in 2016. I want to take architecture. As rules recently change before our admission. So, can I pursue further for architecture?
Your department is commerce so you are not eligible B.Arch course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCM subject are eligible for B.Arch course.

Your age should be above 18 years.
18th August 2017, 04:20 AM
manjira...

You can only apply for Architecture course if you studied Mathematics as a compulsory subject in 10+2 level otherwise you are not eligible.

B.Arch is Bachelor of Architecture. It is a 5 year undergraduate course. The Council of Architecture conducts entrance examination named National Aptitude Test in Architecture(NATA) for the admission of the candidates in the B.Arch courses.

To take admission in B.Arch the candidates should fulfill the following conditions:-
The candidates should have passed 10+2 level with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board. The candidates should have studied Mathematics as a compulsory subject in 10+2 level.

The candidates have a 3 year diploma after 10th level in any stream from a recognized university/board.

The candidates should have cleared NATA with minimum 80% marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?