2nd October 2017, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I become eligible for NIT admission, if I crack JEE mains in third attempt?

If I have 200 marks in JEE main in third attempt. I know in third attempt, we are not eligible for JEE advanced. But in third attempt, if we crack JEE mains, can we get admission in NIT colleges?

2nd October 2017, 05:11 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become eligible for NIT admission, if I crack JEE mains in third attempt?

Yes, candidates are eligible to get admission in the NITs after qualifying JEE Main examination in third attempt.

The admission in various stream and NITs is offered on the basis of rank in JEE.

So, you can prepare for examination to qualify in your last attempt as well as to score much better marks. So, that you can get admission in stream and NIT of your own choice.

For detail information visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
2nd October 2017, 08:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become eligible for NIT admission, if I crack JEE mains in third attempt?

There are three attempts available for JEE Mains, therefore, surely you will be eligible for admission even after the third attempt, if rank is good enough.

Just make sure you fill the choices correctly in order, during counselling. Seats are allotted based on rank and score.
2nd October 2017, 09:34 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you can not get admission into NITs by simply cracking JEE Mains entrance exam, in order to get admission into NITs and IITs you must have to crack JEE Advance.
But, you are not eligible for JEE Advance as you already have exhausted the maximum attempts.
The maximum number of attempts for JEE Mains are 3 and for JEE Advance are 2.
I would suggest you to apply for counselling and I am very sure that you will get very good engineering college.
2nd October 2017, 10:07 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are very much eligible to get admission in NITs after being qualified in the JEE examination, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who qualify in the JEE examination or AIEEE examination can definitely apply for NIT colleges on the basis of the marks scored in the entrance examination.
2nd October 2017, 11:42 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

JEE is Joint Entrance Examination.

JEE is conducted by CBSE for admission in NIT, IITs, IIITs and other government engineering colleges. There are two stages of this exam:

JEE Main: for admission in NITs and other government engineering college.

JEE Advanced for admission in IITs.

You can get admission in NITs in third attempt of JEE Main but you should try to score more than 250 marks. Higher is marks, better is chance of getting admission in top NITs.
2nd October 2017, 11:51 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

Yes, you can get admission in NIT colleges if you are able to clear JEE(Main) examination even after the 3rd attempt, but you should try to score the minimum cut-off required for admission that very year.

Therefore, if you are able to score the minimum cut-off marks, I am sure you can get admission in the above mentioned institute.
3rd October 2017, 01:24 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

NIT stands for National Institute of Technology.

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.

Yes, you can get admission in NIT colleges.

But, you can score above 260 marks in JEE mains.
3rd October 2017, 07:05 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

JEE refers Joint Entrance Examination and same is a national level engineering entrance examination held for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree course in various CFTIs and private engineering colleges of India.

As far as you are concerned about the possibility of your admission in NITs ( National Institute of Technology ) by clearing JEE Main in third attempt then I would like to inform you that you are certainly eligible for admission in NITs by appearing in JEE Main for the third time as admission in NITs are based on the rank in JEE Main only.

For more details regarding JEE Main and FAQs related to admission in CFTIs you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
7th October 2020, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

can I get admissions in nit's in 2nd long term ?
7th October 2020, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

can I get admission in NIT's in 2nd long term(Droper) ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?