23rd December 2015, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Can i do B.Ed from IGNOU after getting 5 years experience?

I have 5 years experience as a teacher and i have got 48% marks in my graduation. Now i want to apply for B.Ed course from Ignou. So tell me if i can do the course?

24th December 2015, 09:17 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i do B.Ed from IGNOU after getting 5 years experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have 5 years experience as a teacher and i have got 48% marks in my graduation. Now i want to apply for B.Ed course from Ignou. So tell me if i can do the course?
It is not possible for you to get admission in B.Ed only based on your work experience. It is mandatory that you must qualify in Graduation and the entrance exam conducted by the IGNOU in order to get admission. Those who are interested to apply for B.Ed through IGNOU university will have to have a Bachelor degree from a recognized university. You must have a score of more than 55% in their final exams. Apart from this, an admission test will be conducted by the IGNOU university for admission process. Only those who qualify in this entrance test will get admission.

Official website - www.ignou.ac.in
24th December 2015, 02:35 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for B.Ed from IGNOU after passing graduation with 47% marks.
  • Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.
  • Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in graduation.
  • There is no age limit.
24th December 2015, 02:58 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination conducted by IGNOU for admission of candidates in B.Ed course.

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education and it is a two year and required eligibility to appear for entrance examination to get admission in IGNOU is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor/master degree from recognised university.

Candidate must have minimum 50% aggregate in bachelor and/or master degree.

So, you are not eligible to pursue course from IGNOU after 48% graduation degree. For more information about admission procedure details visit at http://www.ignou.ac.in.
24th December 2015, 05:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, for B.Ed admission in IGNOU you need just 2 years of teaching experience minimum. The course is correspondence in nature and it will be of years duration. Therefore, don't worry about anything and apply for admission.

You have to apply when notification is released by the university. You can get the application form and prospectus from study center. You can also apply online if you have internet access. http://ignou.ac.in
24th December 2015, 06:19 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Minimum required aggregate to pursue B.Ed course is 50% in graduation degree.

So, you are not eligible to pursue the course. There is relaxation in aggregate for candidates of reserved category. So, if you belong to reserved category you are eligible to pursue.

IGNOU conducts entrance examination for admission of candidates in B.Ed course. The application for 2016 course is closed now.

For more information about university visit at www.ignou.ac.in.
24th December 2015, 09:30 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue B.Ed from IGNOU.

The minimum eligibility criteria required to pursue B.Ed course is that the candidate has to complete his/ her graduation with at least 45% marks from a recognized university.

And the candidate should have minimum of one year experience in teaching.

As you have satisfied the above criteria you are eligible to apply for B.Ed course in IGNOU.

Minimum duration of this course is 2 years.
24th December 2015, 11:57 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The eligibility to study B.Ed in IGNOU is a graduate or postgraduate degree with 55% marks from the recognised university (5% marks relaxation will be given for SC/ST students). There will be an entrance examination for the admission. So if you satisfy the above conditions you are eligible for B.Ed in IGNOU. The prospectus pdf link is given
http://ignou.ac.in/userfiles/Prospec...rected%207.pdf
25th December 2015, 01:48 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I m sorry to say that you are not eligible for B.Ed as you have scored very less marks in your graduation. Below, I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for the same kindly have a look at it;

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University.

2. Candidates should score a minimum of at least 50% marks in graduation.

3. OBC candidates are provided relaxation up to 5%, therefore their minimum required percentage is 45% marks.

4. SC/ST candidates can apply with 40% marks.

5. Educational pattern of the candidate should be 10+2+3.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?