6th November 2016, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Tech in biotechnology without studying maths in 11th?

I am in class 11th and I have studied PCB as subject. Can I do B.Tech in biotechnology without maths? If yes, then list some government colleges offering B.Tech in Uttar Pradesh. Please reply me soon.

Related Questions:
  1. B.Tech in Biotechnology can be done without Maths in 11th and 12th? Colleges offering B.Tech in Biotechnology with dual degrees?
  2. Should I do BSc Biotechnology after opting for Biotechnology without Maths?
  3. Can I pursue B.Tech in Biotechnology while studying 11th
  4. Is Maths compulsory in 12th boards for IISER?
  5. Can I do Biotechnology with Biology background and without Maths after 12th? Institutes in India offering such course?
  6. Is Maths important for pursuing a degree in Biotechnology? Can I pursue Post Graduation from Abroad after completing Graduation from India? -- [New]
  7. How to take B.Com in graduation without having maths in 11th? Can I become CA without Maths?
  8. Do we have to appear for Maths in CET to pursue B.Tech Biotechnology?
  9. Important subjects in 11th and 12th for a career in Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Information about jobs and salary of B.Tech Biotechnology
  11. Information about jobs and salary of B.Tech Biotechnology?
  12. Is it possible to take Architecture without studying Maths in 11th and 12th?
  13. Is Maths subject compulsory for pursuing B.Sc Biotechnology?
  14. Which are the best biotechnology institutes in Uttar Pradesh and all over India? Is VIT Vellore good for Biotechnology? Should I choose B.Tech Biotechnology, B.Tech Bioinformatics or B.Tech Biomedical Engineering?
  15. Is it possible to change my school without affecting studies?
  16. Which group to take after 10th standard to study Biotechnology and Psycology?
  17. Can I take part in medical or BSc Biotechnology after studying in 11th
  18. Is Maths subject important for pursuing a course in Biotechnology Field?
6th November 2016, 05:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech in biotechnology without studying maths in 11th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in class 11th and I have studied PCB as subject. Can I do B.Tech in biotechnology without maths? If yes, then list some government colleges offering B.Tech in Uttar Pradesh. Please reply me soon.
Mathematics is essential for engineering entrance exam so you can't do B.Tech in Biotechnology with having mathematics subject in 12th standard.

You can apply for BDS and MBBS course.
6th November 2016, 05:36 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, you can do B.Tech in Biotechnology without studying Mathematics subject in 11th class. The B.Tech in Biotechnology course, without Mathematics in 11th, is available in some colleges only. The minimum eligibility to study the course is a pass in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least 60% marks from a UGC recognized university. The admission to the course will be done through an entrance test. The course duration is four years. The course is available in the following institutions;

Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune - Website Link

Amity Institute of Biotechnology - Website Link
6th November 2016, 10:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For B.Tech course admission, maths is compulsory at class 12th level. You can't get admission based on PCB stream.

Hence, you have to study maths along with PCB stream to become eligible for B.Tech biotechnology course.
7th November 2016, 01:40 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot get admission in the above mentioned course without having studied Mathematics at your 12th level as it is mandatory for any candidate to have studied PCM at their +2 level. So, you need to have studied mathematics at your 11th and 12th standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?