12th December 2016, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Is Maths subject important for pursuing a course in Biotechnology Field?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th and after completing it I want to pursue a career in Biotechnology Field so I want to know is Maths subject important for pursuing a course in Biotechnology Field? I had Biology, Physics and Chemistry as subjects in class 12th.

Related Questions:
  1. Is Maths subject compulsory for pursuing B.Sc Biotechnology?
  2. Is Maths important for pursuing a degree in Biotechnology? Can I pursue Post Graduation from Abroad after completing Graduation from India?
  3. Is Maths compulsory to get admission in Biotechnology? Which field of Biotechnology requires Mathematical knowledge?
  4. If I want to pursue a career in Biotechnology is Maths subject important?
  5. Important subjects in 11th and 12th for a career in Biotechnology?
  6. Job vacancies in biotechnology field?
  7. Which field or subject should I choose while in 2nd year B.Tech Biotechnology?
  8. Is it possible to change my stream from computers to biotech or environmental studies for higher studies?
  9. Do we have to appear for Maths in CET to pursue B.Tech Biotechnology?
  10. How can I do MCA without Maths in 12th?
  11. Is it possible to get admission in NIT for pursuing M.Sc in Chemistry if I did not have Maths as s subject in B.Sc course? -- [New]
  12. Which is easy to study among Computer Science and IT in M.Sc for BCA graduate?
  13. Which are the important subjects for biotechnology?
  14. Should I do Mtech in biotechnology after doing btech in biotechnology? what is the scope? India or abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Which subject should I choose in MSc if I am interested in Horticulture and Biotechnology?
  16. How can I get a part time job while pursuing B.Sc Biotechnology (2nd year)?
  17. Which subjects should I choose in class 12th for pursuing B.Tech Biotechnology? Do I have to take both Maths and Biology for admission?
  18. Should I do BSc Biotechnology after opting for Biotechnology without Maths?
13th December 2016, 09:11 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Maths subject important for pursuing a course in Biotechnology Field?

The meanin of eligibility criteria required to pursue biotechnology degree course after completion of 12th standard:

A candidate must have passed 12th standard with medical stream from a recognised board with at least 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is provided to the candidates of reserved categories.

So it is not compulsory to have Mathematics but it is compulsory to have biology in 12th.
27th December 2016, 05:12 PM
bablu singh71

Default Re: Is Maths subject important for pursuing a course in Biotechnology Field?

No,maths is not important in biotechnology field.In this field must be essential the subjects are Physics, Chemistry and Biology passed with 60% marks.
6th February 2017, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Is it the same criteria for Delhi university bio technology graduation. You need to have OCT as your main subject in 12th
7th February 2017, 09:39 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

If you want to do B.Tech/B.E in Biotechnology, then mathematics is essential for entrance exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for Engineering Entrance exam.

For B.Sc in Biotechnology, mathematics subject is not essential.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?