13th July 2017, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I do CA now, if not able to complete my degree?

Sir, I have completed my +2. and I joined B.Com in KSOU. I passed 1st and 2nd year, but in 3rd year. Ihave 4 subjects in the balance and the maximum duration is finished. Now I wish to join to CA. What can I do?

13th July 2017, 11:28 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do CA now, if not able to complete my degree?

Yes, you are eligible to do CA course,if you are not able to complete your degree. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board are eligible to apply for CPT examination for pursuing CA course. You need to qualify the CPT examination to get admission for pursuing CA course.
14th July 2017, 12:32 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for CA course at this instant on the basis of class 12th qualification.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th from a recognized Board can apply for the CPT examination. Once after qualifying in the very first stage of CPT, you can apply for IPCC part and then after qualifying in the IPCC, you can apply for the final stage of the CA course.
14th July 2017, 08:35 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

As your four subjects in bachelor's degree in commerce from KSOU is still in balance and maximum duration is finished, it clearly means that your graduation is incomplete.

At present, your academic qualification is 10+2. You can apply for Chartered Accountancy Common Proficiency test. CPT is first stage of CA course. It is conducted by ICAI twice every year in June and December.

You can apply for CA CPT of December, 2017 and clear it to get admission in CA course.
14th July 2017, 12:08 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

The degree from Karnataka State Open University is valid for different professional courses but your bachelor's degree is incomplete. CA is a professional course for commerce and other stream candidates.

Graduates with 55% marks can directly apply for second stage of CA course called Integrated Professional competence course. But as your bachelor's degree is incomplete, you need to apply for first stage of CA course called Common Proficiency test.
14th July 2017, 02:02 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have completed my +2. and I joined B.Com in KSOU. I passed 1st and 2nd year, but in 3rd year. Ihave 4 subjects in the balance and the maximum duration is finished. Now I wish to join to CA. What can I do?

Yes, you can do CA now with your 12th qualification and without completing a degree. You can join CA CPT Course after completion of 12th. CA course is one of the difficult course to complete in India. The value of the CA course is higher compared to other courses. After completion of CA CPT, you can join CA IPC Course. After completion of the IPCC, you can do a three year articleship / Training under a Practicing Chartered Accountant. Finally, you can join the CA Final course. CA course and examinations are conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). The ICAI website link is Click Here
14th July 2017, 05:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Chartered Accountancy course. But your bachelor's degree is incomplete. This means that you can not directly apply for IPCC which is second stage of Chartered Accountancy course. Since you have completed 12th, you can apply for Common Proficiency Test.

Candidates need to clear CPT to get admission in Chartered Accountancy course. CPT is held twice every year in June and December. It is a multiple choice question exam. You need to score 30% marks in each section and overall 50% marks to clear this test.
14th July 2017, 09:53 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

CA refers Chartered Accountancy course and same is a professional degree course divided into three stages which includes (i) Common Proficiency Test (CPT), (ii)Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC), and (iii) the Final stage course.

Now as you have stated that you have not completed your graduation degree but interested in pursuing CA course then there is no need to worry as you can still pursue CA course by starting from CPT course as for exempting CPT course one is required to have completed your bachelor degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?