29th December 2015, 07:26 AM
Unregistered

Can i do MBA after doing Graduation from Arts?

I have completed my graduation in arts. My subjects are education & economics. So now i want to mba. So tell me if i can do so?

29th December 2015, 09:47 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i do MBA after doing Graduation from Arts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my graduation in arts. My subjects are education & economics. So now i want to mba. So tell me if i can do so?
You have completed graduation degree in Arts so you are eligible for MBA course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation from a recognized university are eligible for MBA entrance exam. Your graduation marks must be above 50% from recognized university. Final year candidate are eligible for MBA entrance exam.

List of the entrance exam:-

AIMA MAT – AIMA Management Aptitude Test
FSM – FORE School of Management
IGNOU OPENMAT – Indira Gandhi National Open University OPEN Management Admission Test
IIBF – Indian Institute of Banking & Finance
JIMS – Jagannath International Management School
MDI – Management Development Institute
NMAT – Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test
SPJIMR – S P Jain Institute of Management & Research
XIMB – Xavier Institute of Management
BIMTECH – Birla Institute of Management Technology
EMPI – Entrepreneurship & Management Process International Business
IIM CAT – Indian Institute of Management Common Admission Test
29th December 2015, 02:12 PM
kantraman

As educational qualification for MBA is graduation in any stream so clearly a arts student can also do MBA, but the main condition for this course is percentage of marks which is 50% for general category and 45% for sc/st.
29th December 2015, 05:31 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to do MBA after doing Graduation from Arts.

One who wishes to join MBA course has to appear for entrance exams like CAT,MAT,XAT,SNAP,IBSAT .

MBA stands for Master in Business Administration .

Eligibility criteria required to get admission in MBA degree are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed graduation degree with at least 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in any discipline from a recognized university .

-The candidate who are appearing in the final year of their degree course can also apply for the exam .

-There is no restriction on upper age limit to apply for the MBA degree .
29th December 2015, 05:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, MBA is definitely possible after completion of graduation in arts. All you have to do is appear for exams like CAT/GMAT/MAT and obtain an excellent score in it.

Admission will be based on your score and performance in the group discussion and personal interview. Also, make sure you have got above 50% marks in graduation.
29th December 2015, 08:19 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely pursue MBA after completion of Graduation in the field of Arts. Most of the institutes in India take admission on the basis of entrance exams. So you need to appear and crack the entrance exams to apply for MBA course. The top institutes of the country take into account CAT score while there are many other entrance exams like XAT, SNAP, CMAT, etc. However, apart from the entrance exams, interview rounds, group discussion and profile of the students also play an important role in the selection process.
29th December 2015, 09:46 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to pursue MBA course which i 2 year program:

A Candidate must have done graduation from recognized university with at least 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories.

There is no age limit and no limit to no. of attempts.

You have to appear in Entrance Test to get admission in reputed colleges with government fee structure.
29th December 2015, 11:37 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is possible for you to pursue for MBA after completing Graduation in Arts stream. Graduation is the required qualification for MBA. It is compulsory for candidates to score at least 50% marks at Graduation level. To join for MBA, you must be able to attend entrance examination such as, CAT, MAT, GMAT etc. The entrance exam notification will be updated in the official website. Admission will be given only after you qualify the entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?