26th November 2016, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I do software engineering after BA in arts with 47% marks?

Sir, I am Priya Verma. I want to do software engineering course but my BA in arts stream percentage is 47%. Is it possible to do software engineering? Please tell me.

Related Questions:
26th November 2016, 07:26 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do software engineering after BA in arts with 47% marks?

The very first thing I would like to clarify you that for being an engineer in any stream the minimum and basic educational requirement is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects with at least 45% aggregate from a recognized board of education.

So being a BA ( Bachelor of Arts ) degree holder you are eligible for pursuing engineering degree if you satisfy the above mentioned qualification as for the B.tech/B.E. degree course the bachelor degree course has no significance.

Further to be eligible for getting admission in good engineering colleges in your desired stream you are required to appear and do well in national level engineering entrance examination like JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) or State EEE.
26th November 2016, 07:54 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No , it is not possible for Arts student to pursue engineering course because minimum qualification required to join engineering course is 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics with atleast 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to SC and ST students.
So you can not pursue engineering course.
26th November 2016, 09:59 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria required to do software engineering :-

-The candidate should have completed 12th standard or higher secondary education.

-The candidate should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 10+2.

-The candidate age should be in between 18 years to 23 years.

So, if you find yourself eligible as per criteria, then of course you can go for it.
23rd February 2019, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Can i get good job in government sector after complet my post gradution diploma in managment ?
16th April 2019, 06:42 PM
kriteshanand

Well the answer is No. You cannot do Software Engineering after completion of BA. If you want to make your career then i will suggest you can do digital marketing training course where you can learn how to optimize website.
12th September 2019, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Hello i am shivani and i have one question can you give me the answer my question is i can done 12 in accounts and after that i can do ba from lucknow university can you tell me can i do b.tech in cs
18th February 2022, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my BA with 70% marks, am I not eligible to go for software with computer coarses?
18th February 2022, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

I am BA graduate with 70% marks.am I not eligible for software with computer coarses?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?