24th February 2017, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for a student from arts stream to get a job as software engineer?

I am a arts stream student and I want to become a software engineer can it be possible for me to become a software engineer please help me? Can you please give me the details on which way I need to get prepared to get the job in future? Which all extra course to do?

26th February 2017, 06:27 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for a student from arts stream to get a job as software engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a arts stream student and I want to become a software engineer can it be possible for me to become a software engineer please help me? Can you please give me the details on which way I need to get prepared to get the job in future? Which all extra course to do?
No. Graduation is arts stream are not eligible for Software Engineering.

If you can do some certificate course then you can apply for web page designing course.
26th February 2017, 08:10 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for a student from arts stream to get a job as software engineer?

No, I am sorry to say that arts students cannot get a job as a software engineer. Candidates who have completed their bachelor's/master's degree in computer science/BCA/MCA/CSE/IT/ECE/EEE are eligible to become a software engineer. You should have scored minimum 60% marks throughout the academic career and should have good knowledge in computer languages also.

But you can do some computer courses which will help you in getting software related jobs. Here are some of the courses which you can pursue:

> C

> C++

> Java Applets

> Vb

> Testing Tools Software

> dot net

> Oracle DBMS

> PHP

> Web Application etc.
26th February 2017, 09:15 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

No, it is not possible for any arts stream student to become a software engineer. The candidate must have physics, chemistry and maths in his/her 10+2 as the compulsory subjects and after that candidate have to pursue B.Tech to become an engineer.
There are various software courses which you can opt to pursue only if you have a science background then and these courses will help you to earn a good job with a satisfying salary. The list of the courses is here under:
JAVA
Diploma in Animation and VFX
Graphic Designing
3d Animation and Visual Effects
Android Application Development
C and C++
Web Graphics
Web Animation
Motion Graphics
PHP Web Development (Core PHP and Advance PHP)
Auto CAD
Responsive Web Designing
Internet Marketing
Digital Fashion /Fashion CAD
Corel Draw
Interior Architect
Digital Marketing
Web Designing (HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript and Bootstrap)
26th February 2017, 10:30 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Actually being the Arts stream student you are not eligible to pursue something in software engineering because to become software programmer or engineer a candidate must have passed 12th with the physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognised board with minimum of 50% marks. As a Arts stream student you have lot of opportunities that you can go for your graduation and after that you can appear in civil services to become IPS, IAS etc.
28th February 2017, 09:11 AM
EngineerSolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can become a software engineer only if you study an undergraduate degree in science or engineering. You can join Engineering for 4 years study. You can participate in campus recruitment or off campus interviews. You can learn programming principle on your own through free courses available online.
You can also do valid certifications as well.
4th March 2017, 01:12 PM
Sam James

Sorry to say that it is not possible for arts stream students to get into software field. Still you have 2 options. You can start business in software field and since you are the entrepreneur you can learn and so software development on your own. If you see some successful startups the people behind them were not necessarily from computer science background.
Another option is that you can freelance through online job sites based on your capability to do software development.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?