6th November 2016, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I get direct admission in second year MBBS in other college, if cleared NEET while studying in 1st year MBBS?

I want to know that if I am pursuing 1st year MBBS from a college and appear for NEET exam and get selected in exam. Do I have to again study first year or directly admitted to 2nd year?

6th November 2016, 09:30 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get direct admission in second year MBBS in other college, if cleared NEET while studying in 1st year MBBS?

No, you are not eligible to appear for admission in 2nd year of MBBS course after qualifying in NEET examination.

The candidates after qualifying in examination are eligible for admission in 1st year of course and no lateral entry in 2nd year of course.

So, you have to again pursue first year of course if you want to get admission on basis of NEET.
6th November 2016, 10:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get direct admission in second year MBBS in other college, if cleared NEET while studying in 1st year MBBS?

No, there isn't any lateral entry admission in MBBS through NEET. You can only get admission in first year even if you have studied first year MBBS.

Hence, there is no chance of such admission because there is no procedure for such admission through any entrance exam.
7th November 2016, 01:29 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in 2nd year of MBBS course, you can however get admission in 1st year as that is the only possible way. You will have to get admission in 1st year with your NEET score again.
7th November 2016, 03:56 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that it is not possible to get admission directly in the 2nd year of MBBS course after qualifying in the said examination.
Candidates those who have qualified the examination are eligible to take admission in the 1st year of MBBS course.
So, you have to again take admission in the 1st year in different College.
9th September 2020, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I give neet exam again to get a better college for mbbs if I am already pursuing mbbs and I am in 1st year?
14th September 2021, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

I will quit neet or mee
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?