23rd January 2018, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I join another college while studying in first year engineering?

Sir, I am doing engineering in 2017 first year. I am not interested in that college my seat is under convener. Can I join another college in 2018 and all the documents will given to me? Please reply Sir.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the process for shifting from one college to another?
  2. How can I join Air Force while studying engineering final year
  3. How can I get a job in government sector while studying automobile engineering second year?
  4. How to join Aeronautical engineering for 2nd year Diploma student of Electrical and Electronics student?
  5. Percentage required to join any college after studying diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  6. How to join marine engineering after studying B.E Mechanical Engineering?
  7. Best college in Bangaluru for Diploma holders in Civil Engineering
  8. Qualifications required to join Marine Engineering? Can I join it after ECE? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to change my college after 1st year B.E in Tamilnadu? I am studying in RMK engineering college
  10. How can I join engineering college after studying biology
  11. How to join marine Engineering studying diploma in production engineering?
  12. Is it right that we do should diploma to join Aerospace Engineering College?
  13. Can I join IHRD college for second year studies after completion of 1st year in government aided college?
  14. How to join Indian Army after studying final year B.E? Requirements to join Indian Navy?
  15. How to join B.Arch course while studying diploma in civil engineering?
  16. Top university abroad for studying MS course in Electronics and Instrumentation except USA? Which are the difference courses offered in MS?
  17. How to transfer to any government college? I am studying 1st year B.E in VRS college of engineering and technology
  18. How to join SSN college while studying in intermediate with 98%?
24th January 2018, 12:09 AM
Ramabai L

Default Re: Can I join another college while studying in first year engineering?

Indian Act-1959, doing two courses simultaneously is a burden to the student. The Law has changed in 2013.

The Union Grants Commission gave legal permission after the recommendation of few Universities. The students can pursue 2 degrees simultaneously in the same university or different. To encourage and develop students Skills.

Still few Universities are not allowed the students to do one in regular and another one in Open/distance courses. But legally it is approved by UGC.

Last edited by Ramabai L; 30th January 2018 at 04:00 AM. Reason: i have to follow the guidelines
24th January 2018, 12:58 AM
Ramabai L

Default Re: Can I join another college while studying in first year engineering?

>Yes, it is possible to change your current college, but impossible to change the course and University.

>Candidate should clear all subjects in the first year.

> Need to get No Objection Certificate (NOC).

>The candidate should apply for the admission transfer request to the college administration and send the xerox copy to the University.

>Candidate wants to mention the college where he/she wish to get admission of 2nd year.

>College and University will send your application to the college, which you wish to study or going to transfer.

>Admission will be decided by College if it is ready to give admission to you means it will send a permission letter to your current college.

Last edited by Ramabai L; 30th January 2018 at 03:55 AM. Reason: i have to follow the guidelines
24th January 2018, 11:19 PM
Mouexpert
Member+

You can join another college or shift to another college provided it should be under the same university and there should be a valid reason that has to be approved by the HOD of your institution and then only you can get transferred to another college from your current college.

You should however have scored a minimum of 60% in your graduation's 1st year which is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for transfer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?