9th October 2015, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Can i pursue Economic Honours in DU after scoring 93% marks in 12th board exam?

Sir,

I have scored 95 in maths, 95 in physics, 95 in English and 89 in chemistry in my 12th board exams. I want to pursue Eco Honours from DU. Can i do that?

Thank You

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria for pursuing Economic Honours from DU? -- [New]
  2. Which Board to choose for better percentile between MP board or CBSE board?
  3. Is it possible to reappear in 12th with CBSE/MP Board if secured less marks in UP Board and migrated to MP?
  4. Will I be able to pursue Maths hons from Delhi University after scoring 85% in 12th board?
  5. Can I get admission to study Economics Honours in Calcutta University if secured 90.4% in 12th and scored 94 marks in Economics? List of colleges offering Economics Honours without Maths?
  6. Can I apply for English Honours if scored 64 marks in English of 12th PCM? List of courses with good colleges if secured 54% in 12th PCM? Should I apply for BBA instead of English Honours?
  7. Admission in SD college in Chandigarh after scoring 89% in best of the 5 subjects and 88% in best 4? Can I pursue B.Com economics honors in SD college Chandigarh?
  8. Can I study B.A. if disqualified in 10th ICSE 16 years ago?
  9. Can I get English Honors in DU after scoring 78% in best four subjects in 12th board
  10. Economic Honors eligibility if I had Mathematics in 11th but not in 12th
  11. Admission in B.Com Honors in St. Xaviers College of Kolkata after scoring 80% in 12th board? Minimum cutoff for applying in the college?
  12. Best colleges for psychology honours? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Scholarship or financial assistance after scoring 80% in 12th?
  14. Is it difficult to score good marks in 12th NIOS Board exam?
  15. CA or B.Com (Hons.) from SRCC or Economics (Hons.) from St.Stephen's, which of the three is better?
  16. Is Maths compulsory for Economic honours? Admission in honours are now based upon entrance?
  17. Which P course to pursue for Indian Economic Service? How being CA or CS can help?
  18. Am I eligible for any IT company after scoring 60% marks in 12th?
9th October 2015, 09:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i pursue Economic Honours in DU after scoring 93% marks in 12th board exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

I have scored 95 in maths, 95 in physics, 95 in English and 89 in chemistry in my 12th board exams. I want to pursue Eco Honours from DU. Can i do that?

Thank You
Yes, you can apply for graduation degree in Economics in DU because you have completed 12th standard with Mathematics.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with Economics/ Mathematics from a recognized board are eligible for for B.A in Economics.

Your age should be above 17 years.
9th October 2015, 10:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i pursue Economic Honours in DU after scoring 93% marks in 12th board exam?

You haven't studied Economics in your class XII which is the main requirement for admission in this course. Cut off marks for admission in this course will depend on your marks in class XII in that subject.

It will be difficult to get admission in the course your have mentioned because your stream in class XII is totally different.
9th October 2015, 11:34 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

As you want to take admission in BA Honors (Economics) at Delhi University, so i want to you inform that you can pursue Economic Honours in DU after scoring 93% marks in 12th board exam.

The duration of this course is Three years.

Candidate must pass in Class 12th with any discipline from any recognized Board with 75 %.
9th October 2015, 11:45 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for economics honors course from Delhi university.

The minimum eligibility criteria for applying economics honors course is that the candidate must have passed class 12 examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 60% marks from a recognized university.
9th October 2015, 11:52 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes , definitely you can pursue this course in honours in Delhi University.

For that you have to apply for application form that is released every year for various degree courses via online mode.

After that merit list is released and students are accordingly admitted.
10th October 2015, 01:13 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get the admission in the DU colleges with the 93% aggregate in the board examination.

The admission in the university is on the basis of the aggregate in the board examination so you are eligible to get the admission. Since you have scored 93% you will definitely get the admission in most of the colleges. There is also relaxation on the cut off marks for the reserved category candidates.

The application form for the admission is released in the month of May and the admission starts from the June. So for more information visit at the www.du.ac.in.
10th October 2015, 06:53 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

I am happy to say you that you are definitely eligible to do Economics Honours in DU as you satisfy the eligibility criteria.

Eligibility criteria to do Economics Honours:

Candidates must have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognized Board with Economics/Mathematics as a subject are eligible.
Candidates age must be at least 18 years old.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?