26th September 2016, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Can my daughter join MBBS after completion of BDS?

My daughter has completed her BDS course. She is during internship now. In the coming year, can she join for MBBS?

26th September 2016, 05:07 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can my daughter join MBBS after completion of BDS?

As your daughter has already completed her BDS degree course hence it would be foolishness for her to join MBBS. Personally I would like to suggest how to join MDS after BDS because then she will have wild job opportunities in abroad and India. She can join as a lecturer or professor in dental college.
She can work as dentist in dental hospital in private as well as Government.
26th September 2016, 08:01 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, your daughter can join MBBS after completion of BDS.

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. It takes a time duration of 5 ½ years including 1 year compulsory rotating internship to complete this course .

Minimum eligibility criteria for admission in MBBS degree are as under:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India .

-The candidate should have passed 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme from a recognized University/ Board of any Indian State with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.

-The candidate belonging to General and OBC category must have passed 10+2/HSC with 60% marks while qualifying marks for SC/ST candidate is 50%.

- The candidate must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
26th September 2016, 10:14 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Yes, it is possible but I wonder why do you want her to get admitted into the MBBS once again if she has successfully done the BDS?

She will have to study from the scratch and will waste all 5 years once again.

My advice to you would be to let her continue in this field only as BDS is also a great field. But the answer to your query is Yes, it is possible.
27th September 2016, 12:07 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely she can pursue MBBS course after the completion of BDS successfully.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th or equivalent studying PCB from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for MBBS course. So, your daughter is definitely eligible for the above mentioned course.
27th September 2016, 12:10 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue MBBS course after bachelor in dental surgery from any recognised university.

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and it is five year duration course.

The eligibility to pursue course is candidate must have 10+2 from any recognised board and have Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper. The examination is conducted by CBSE as NEET for admission in course.
27th September 2016, 12:25 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and it is five year duration course.

The admission in course is offered after qualifying in entrance examination conducted by CBSE as NEET or by AIIMS.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCB --and English as main paper. There is also age limit to appear for examination as 17-25 years and relaxation for reserved category.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?