22nd March 2015, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Job opportunities in Government sector for M.Sc(Bioinformatics) 4th semester candidate?

I am a Post Graduation student pursuing my fourth semester in M.Sc Bioinformatics. I want to get the job as soon as I finish my PG. I don't know well what types of jobs are available after doing this course. I am much worried, is there any scope for this course in India. What sort of government jobs are available because I want to join Government job. Please can you name some government jobs for me?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a job after completing BCA?
  2. Information regarding Job Opportunities for me in Government sector being a candidate having scored 56% in 10+2?
  3. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
  4. Job Opportunities for me in Government sector and Private sector being a candidate having completed BCA course in the year of 2011? How to prepare for JTO Exam?
  5. What are the job opportunities for a MBA Human Resource and Management pass out in Government Sector? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Job Opportunities in Government sector after completion of M.Com course?
  7. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.Sc(Horticulture) candidate?
  8. How can I get job after BCA?
  9. Do B.Tech Computer Science students have any opportunities in central government job?
  10. What should I prefer between private sector and government sector jobs? What are the job opportunities in government sector for BA student?
  11. Opportunities in government sector after completing B.E in computer science?
  12. Job openings for Mechanical fresher who have finished CATIA?
  13. Job Opportunities in Government sector after completion of M.Sc in Electronics?
  14. Job opportunities in Government sector for PG Diploma in Yoga Science candidate?
  15. What should I choose after pursuing BSc? I have scored only 55% in graduation programme
  16. Job Opportunities in Government sector for the candidates of EEE stream?
  17. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) female student?
  18. Current opportunities in government sector for B.Tech in Engineering and Communication?
30th April 2015, 08:45 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Job opportunities in Government sector for M.Sc(Bioinformatics) 4th semester candidate?

M.Sc in Bioinformatics is a master's degree course that teaches a candidate more about the use of Computer and IT in Bio field and this course also gives the knowledge of medical field to the candidate pursuing master's and it becomes more important when it is used in all type of jobs related to the field and other fields such as Computer, IT, Medical, Biotech etc. so you must not worry because there are so many government jobs available for you after completion of your M.Sc in Bioinformatics.

If you want to get a government job then there are some fields, in which you may enter after your master's degree.

01. The first job comes in government field for you is Project Associate or Project Assistant or Project Analyst because projects made by various government universities requires support of fresh young talent and a candidate having only master's degree in the field can apply for this job.

Your job depends on project, and if project goes for long time then you may be recruited or hired by the university for permanent period of time that is why you should apply for this type of jobs.

02. Lecturer/ Assistant Professor Jobs : Government colleges/ institutes and universities conduct recruitment process for both of these posts every single year and to apply for these reputed jobs, you need to have a master's degree with minimum 55% marks.

Second thing needed is that either candidate should have passed NET/ SET Entrance examination or completed PhD in the relevant discipline so choice is yours whatever you choose would be fruitful for you in future to get a government job.

If completes PhD in this field then you may become Junior Scientist/ Scientist in a particular university/ research institute of government of India and for your kind notice - Institute of Mathematical Sciences and Indian Institute of Spice Research recruits candidates having MSc in Bioinformatics so you have some other options as well.

If you want to change your field then you can have a lot of options at your end which are :

>> Banking PO and Clerical level jobs in all government banks of India.
>> SSC Combined Graduate Level exam and CHSL exam for various Group B and C Level posts in government field.
>> UPSC IAS, IFS, Assistant Commandant, CDS recruitment.
>> State Service examination for various top level posts - SDM, Tehsieldar, Deputy Collector, DSP, Commercial Tax Officer etc. in state government.
>> Insurance sector also recruits fresh candidates for various posts of Officer and Assistant level.
20th January 2019, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Job opportunities in Government sector for M.Sc(Bioinformatics) 4th semester candidate?

What type of job i can get after doing msc in bioinformatics? Because there is no job for bioinformatics. Please tell me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?