10th September 2011, 12:59 PM
kothagudem

Required age limit for SLET Exam?

what age limit of slet exam andhra pradesh december 2011
i want to know whether am i eligible for the exam.

10th September 2011, 04:15 PM
Tulasinagababu

Default Re: Required age limit for SLET Exam?

he University Grants Commission (UGC) conducts an All-India Examination (NET) to assess candidates' eligibility for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and for recruitment of Lecturers in Universities and Colleges. This test is held twice in a year (June and December) in the faculties of Humanities (including Languages), Social Sciences etc.

Academic Eligibility

A minimum of 55% (50% for SC/ST candidates) marks in a postgraduate degree or equivalent examination in Humanities (including Languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Applications, Electronic Sciences, etc.

It is mandatory for candidates to appear in subjects of their postgraduate studies. If the particular subject is not included in the list then he / she may opt for a related subject.

Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing for the qualifying Master's Degree examination and whose result is awaited (or) candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates are admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for the award of JRF / Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed the Master's Degree Examination (or) equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% in the case of SC/ST candidates). These candidates must submit their relevant PG Degree within 2 years of the declaration of the NET examination.

Other Eligibility Conditions

i) Age Limit

(a) For Junior Research Fellowship: The candidate must not be more than 28 years as on June 1 / December 1 for the June / December examination with relaxation up to 5 years for SC/ST/OBC categories, physically handicapped and female candidates. Relaxation is also made for candidates who have done research / training at the level of postgraduate study, limited to the period spent on research / training in the subject, subject to a maximum of 5 years and supported by a certificate from the appropriate authority. For those possessing an LLM degree, 3 years age-relaxation is granted.

(b) For Lectureship:

No upper age limit.

ii) Exemption (Eligibility for Lectureship)

i) For M.Phil./Ph.D Candidates: NET shall remain the compulsory requirement for appointment as Lecturer even for candidates having Ph.D. Degree. However, candidates who have passed their M.Phil Degree by 31st December 1993 or have submitted their Ph.D. thesis to a university in the concerned subject on or before 31st December 2002 are exempted from appearing in the NET Examination. In case such candidates fail to obtain Ph.D. Degrees, they shall have to pass the NET Examination. The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF Examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in the NET Examination.

ii) For SLET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), accredited by the UGC for Lectureship prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in the NET Examination.
10th September 2011, 06:52 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

SLET i.e State Level Eligibility Test is Conducted by different universities in Tamilnadu,Andhra Pradesh,Himachal Pradesh,Jammu & Kashmir,Rajasthan,Uttar Pradesh,West Bengal,Gujarat etc
There is no age limit to appear for the SLET.

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/age-limit-slet-exam-tamil-nadu-135341.html#ixzz1XYG9QXAF
Eligibility:-
Master's Degree with at least 55% marks For General and 50% For SC/ST are Eligible.

Notifications:-

Syllabus are available in the respective universities.Syllabus will be issued with Prospectus/Application.

For example:-
SLET syllabus in Bharathiyar University is available in www.b-u.ac.in

Notification,Application,Admission Card & Attendance Slip,Syllabus Can be seen here For Previous State Eligibility

**End**
10th September 2011, 09:39 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Eligibility for SET

Any Indian National with Master Degree with atleast 55% marks is eligible to sit in the SET.
However in the case of SC/ST candidate the minimum requirement of mark is 50% on the subject he/she opts to appear.

as far age is concern there is no age limit any one with the above qualification can apply.
10th September 2011, 10:40 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

State Level Eligibility Test(SLET) is one of the best state level examination for
Lectureship like the National Eligibility Test(NET),conducted by the University Grants Commission (U.G.C.).

Eligibility:

1:You should have the Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.

2:SC/ST candidates who have secured minimum 55% marks in Master's Degree or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test.

3:you can not be allowed to appear in the test if

you are in first year of two years course of Master's Degree.
or
you are in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master's Degree.

4:There is no age limit to appear in the test.
11th November 2011, 01:12 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

dear friend
Its a good news for you that there is no age limit for appearing SLET exam .
the eligibility criteria are given below:
you should have the master degree from any institute recognized by ugc
you can not apply if you are in first year of your masster degree course
you need a minimum of 60% marks for GE candidate and 55% for SC/ST
11th November 2011, 01:17 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

dear friend
Its a good news for you that there is no age limit for appearing SLET exam .
the eligibility criteria are given below:
you should have the master degree from any institute recognized by ugc
you can not apply if you are in first year of your masster degree course
you need a minimum of 60% marks for GE candidate and 55% for SC/ST
14th November 2011, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

how can i get sylabus for slet exam?
6th February 2012, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

slet exam age limit for in service government school teachers (upto 10th)
24th February 2012, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

MBA completed student could appear for the SLET Exam?
29th March 2012, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

sir, I have completed my M.A ppm and also completed my B.Ed (social studies and English) and completed my first year of M.A. English and writing my second year this June. Am I eligible for English and as well as public administration lectureship.
30th March 2012, 12:10 AM
bablucena9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kothagudem View Post
what age limit of slet exam andhra pradesh december 2011
i want to know whether am i eligible for the exam.
You will be happy to listen it thai there is no age limit for SLET exam test.
Ok happy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?