15th January 2016, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in AIPMT for 17 years old candidate?

Hello,
My age is 17 years old. I am appearing my 12th Board exam from PSEB Board. I would like to know that in my this age I can eligible for appearing in AIPMT? Kindly tell me immediately.

16th January 2016, 02:02 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in AIPMT for 17 years old candidate?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for AIPMT examination. AIPMT examination is conducted by CBSE every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from recognised board.

Candidates age must be between 17-25 years as on 31st Decemeber of year of appearing for examination.

So, if you have PCB and English as main paper in 10+2 board examination, you are eligible to appear for examination. The application form for examination is available with late fine.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.aipmt.nic.in
16th January 2016, 06:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can surely apply for AIPMT if you have passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology stream with at least 50% marks. 17 years is the minimum age required for admission in medical colleges.

Therefore, don't worry about your age and qualification because you are definitely eligible for most of the medical entrance exams including AIPMT.
16th January 2016, 09:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in AIPMT examination being a 17 years old candidate. The candidate who have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course are eligible to appear in AIPMT examination. You must have completed 12th standard with Biology, Physics and Chemistry subjects with minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a recognised board to be eligible to appear in AIPMT examination.
16th January 2016, 09:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
My age is 17 years old. I am appearing my 12th Board exam from PSEB Board. I would like to know that in my this age I can eligible for appearing in AIPMT? Kindly tell me immediately.
Yes, you are eligible for AIPMT exam.

AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test. This examination is conducted by CBSE every year.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for AIPMT exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years.
16th January 2016, 10:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in AIPMT Examination:

Yes, you are certainly eligible to appear in All India Pre Medical Test with the above mentioned age. You have mentioned that you are 17 years old candidate, so make sure you must have the minimum of 17 years in order to be eligible for AIPMT Examination. The detailed age criteria required for AIPMT Entrance Examination is given below. Since you have not mentioned your date of birth, I am unable to say you exactly. But do note the below calculations, so that you will get to know about eligibility criteria.

>> Minimum Age required - 17 years

You must have completed 17 years at the time of admission or else will complete 17 years of age before the last day of the year (31st December of the year of your admission to the 1st year of BDS/ MBBS course)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?