9th December 2015, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for NET exam after having 3 years of gap in graduation?

Dear Sir,

My name is Achin walia. I did my graduation in 2008 due to some family problem. I have 03 years gap in my graduation. I am just doing post graduation. It will be completed in 2014 a/c to 10th certificate that time my age will b 32 years so I just want to ask you that will I eligible for net exam?

10th December 2015, 06:39 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for NET exam after having 3 years of gap in graduation?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. UGC conducts this exam every year.

There is no upper age limit for this exam for Lectureship but for Junior Research Fellowship it is 28 years.

So, you are eligible for NET exam but you must score at least 55% marks in master's degree.

Official website: http://www.ugc.ac.in
10th December 2015, 10:22 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NET entrance examination. NET examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as JRF or as Lecturer.

The eligibility to appear for NET examination is :

Candidate must have passed master's degree from a recognised university.
Candidate must have at least 55% aggregate in master's degree.
Candidate age must be between 19-28 years for JRF and relaxation for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear for NET examination as Lecturer. For more information visit at http://www.ugc.ac.in.
10th December 2015, 11:19 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. University Grants Commission conducts NET exam in June and December for Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship.

At the age of 32 years, you are eligible for Lectureship only as the upper age limit for JRF is 28 years. There is no issue of having three years gap between academics, you are still eligible for NET exam.

Other important criteria is that you must have 55% marks in master's degree. You can apply for this exam in final year also.
10th December 2015, 11:36 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

There is nothing to go with gap year in NET examination. So, you can appear for NET examination just after completing your post graduation degree.

To appear in NET examination it is compulsory to have master's degree from a recognised university with 55% aggregate.

But, you are not eligible to qualify as Junior Research Fellow as you have crossed the maximum age limit.

The examination is conducted in June and December every year. Other details are available at www.ugc.ac.in.
10th December 2015, 12:14 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

NET is conducted by National Educational testing Bureau of University Grants Commission:

Applicant must of Indian Origin

Minimum qualification required is graduation 55% marks in final year degree.

No upper age limit for lectureship. The maximum age limit for JRF exam is 28 years.

This exam is single MCQ paper.
10th December 2015, 12:17 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible for NET exam after passing your Masters degree. There is no issue with the gap of three years.

Eligibility for NET :
  • Candidate must have passed his/her Master's degree or equivalent from any recognised university.
  • Candidate must have secured more than 55% marks.
  • Relaxation of 5% is there for the candidates with Ph.D degree holders.
  • There is no age limit.
10th December 2015, 02:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,

My name is Achin walia. I did my graduation in 2008 due to some family problem. I have 03 years gap in my graduation. I am just doing post graduation. It will be completed in 2014 a/c to 10th certificate that time my age will b 32 years so I just want to ask you that will I eligible for net exam?
If you are in 2nd year of your post graduation degree then you are eligible for UGC NET exam. There is no age criteria for UGC NET exam. If you can apply for JRF post then your age must be below 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for UGC NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for UGC NET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
10th December 2015, 03:51 PM
ant man

Sorry to tell that you are not eligible for NET exam being 32 years of age.

The eligibility for NET exam is
1. All the candidates must have completed post graduation from a recognised university.
2. All the candidates must have at least 55% marks in post graduation.
3. Candidates belonging to OBC non creamy layer, SC/ST, physically handicapped must have at least 50% marks in post graduation.
4. The age limit for applying for NET exam is 28 years of age.

Age relaxations for Junior research fellow ship :
5. The age relaxation for OBC, SC/ST candidates is 5 years.
6. LLM graduates can get up to 3 years of upper age relaxation.

Age relaxation for Assistant professor :
7. There is no upper age limit for this post.
10th December 2015, 04:26 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for NET examination:

1. The basic eligibility for appearing in NET/SLET examination is that the candidate should have a Masters degree or equivalent in related subjects from a recognized University.

2. Aspirants must have obtained a minimum of 55% in PG.

3. Aspirants appearing or have appeared for final year exams are also eligible.

4. Aspirants should have pursued their course as specified by UGC.

5. Candidates who have qualified the SET exam are also eligible to appear for this examination.
10th December 2015, 05:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For NET there isn't any upper age limit mentioned if you are applying for lectureship. Therefore, don't worry about age if you are aiming for lectureship.

Only NET JRF has an upper age limit of 28 years for general category. There is relaxation of reserved category. Hence, if you are not thinking of JRF then you shouldn't worry about your age.
10th December 2015, 10:11 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

NET examination is conducted by UGC for award of Junior research fellowship (JRF) and lectureship.

The minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for NET is that the candidate must have passed graduation or post graduation with atleast 55% marks from a recognized university.

As there is no maximum age limit for lectureship but for JRF the maximum age limit is 28 years of age.

As you have attained 32 years of age, you are not eligible for JRF. You are eligible only for lectureship. But you are eligible to appear for NET examination.
10th December 2015, 11:33 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Dear Sir,

If you have successfully completed Master Degree with 55% percentage of marks then you are eligible for NET entrance exam. A 5% concession to the students with reserved categories. The candidate should not more than 28 years to be eligible for JRF post. There is no age limit for Lectureship. So, you can apply for Lectureship post.

Official website - www.ugc.ac.in/
10th December 2015, 11:52 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear Sir,

The following are the eligibility criteria for writing NET examination. Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree are eligible to write NET. The age limit is 28 years for OC and 28+5 years for OBC/SC/ST is eligible to write NET examination. There is no eligibility restriction available regarding gap period.
1st June 2017, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPLETE MY M.COM IN TWO YEARS SIX MONTHS FROM IGNOU. CAN I BE ELIGIBLE FOR APPEARING UGC NET EXAM?
13th August 2017, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

After 10 years of gap from graduation and then completed MA.Shall I be eligible for UGC -NET?
31st August 2017, 11:50 PM
Junior Member+

Gap of three years between graduation and post graduation doesn't matter a lot. For appearing in NET/ JRF exam you have to complete your post graduation with minimum 55% of marks. 5% relaxation is given to reserved category students. But you can apply for JRF only up to age of 28.
15th March 2018, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am doing my MA from UPRTOU an open university. I have given My first year in 2015, but due to some reason in second year I will appear this year means in 2018, please tell me, if I will eligible for appearing in NET exam or not....
1st October 2020, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Master Degree in 3 years as I have one back log in the last semester. Am I eligible for NET Exam?
1st October 2020, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Master Degree in Botany in 3 years as I have one backlog in the last semester. Am I eligible for NET Exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?