22nd September 2015, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I study LLM in UK being a LLB student of Calcutta University?

Sir/Madam,
I'm doing LLB from Calcutta University, India. After completing it, can this course help me in UK to study LLM there? I want to study LLM in UK. Please tell me about this.
Thanking you,
Palash Barman

27th July 2023, 03:08 AM
AddisonRae

Default Re: Can I study LLM in UK being a LLB student of Calcutta University?

Hi Palash,Yes, you can study LLM in the UK after completing your LLB from Calcutta University. The Bar Council of India (BCI) has recognized the LLB degree from Calcutta University, so you will be eligible to apply for LLM programs in the UK.
A few things you need to keep in mind:
  • Most LLM programs in the UK require applicants to have a good academic record in their LLB. You will also need to have a good score in the IELTS or TOEFL exam.
  • Some LLM programs require applicants to submit a portfolio of their legal work. This portfolio should showcase your skills and abilities in law.
  • When applying for LLM programs, you will need to consider your research interests. Most LLM programs have a specific focus, such as international law, human rights law, or environmental law. You will need to choose a program that aligns with your research interests.
Once you have met the admission requirements, you can start the application process. This process typically involves submitting your application materials, such as your transcripts, portfolio, and test scores. You may also need to interview with a representative from the program.
Some of the steps you can take to proceed with your plan:
  • There are many great LLM programs available in the UK. You can start your research by visiting the websites of different schools and reading about their programs. You can also talk to your professors, advisors, or other professionals in the field to get their recommendations.
  • Once you have identified some LLM programs that you are interested in, you need to check their admission requirements. This will give you an idea of what you need to do to be eligible for admission.
  • Once you know the admission requirements, you can start preparing your application. This will involve gathering your transcripts, portfolio, and test scores. You may also need to write an essay or personal statement.
  • Once your application is ready, you can start applying to LLM programs. The application process typically involves submitting your application materials online. You may also need to interview with a representative from the program.
  • If you are accepted to an LLM program, you will need to make a decision about whether to attend. This is a big decision, so you should carefully consider all of your options before making a decision.
Studying LLM in the UK can be a great way to expand your horizons and learn from some of the best legal minds in the world. However, it is important to do your research and prepare carefully before you apply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?