12th September 2015, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study B.Tech in IIT for Engineering Diploma student?

Hello Sir,
Can anyone get admission on the basis of Engineering Diploma course in IIT for for B.Tech course? Kindly tell me about this asap.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study B.Tech in IIT for Engineering Diploma student? -- [New]
  2. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  3. Is there any possibility to do B.Tech without entrance exam for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  4. Possibility to study B.Tech in Mining Engineering at VNIT, Nagpur for Diploma student?
  5. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after passing Metallurgy Diploma?
  6. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  7. How to do B.Tech without appearing for entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Possibility to study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) with scholarship in Abroad for Diploma student?
  9. Possibility to study M.Tech in IIT for B.Sc(Mathematics) student?
  10. Possibility to study correspondence Diploma in Electrical Engineering for 12th PCB 23 years old student?
  11. Chances to study B.Tech in Abroad for Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering student?
  12. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?
  13. Possibility to study B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  14. Possibility to study Master of Engineering for an employee who has completed Diploma in CSE 10 years ago?
  15. Possibility to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  16. Can I study Aeronautical Engineering in IIT being an Automobile Engineering Diploma final year student?
  17. Possibility to study B.Arch through LEET for Civil Engineering Diploma student?
  18. Possibility to study Project/Industrial Management course in Abroad for Automobile Engineering Diploma student?
15th September 2015, 05:43 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study B.Tech in IIT for Engineering Diploma student?

Sorry, the diploma candidates are not eligible to pursue the B.tech from the Indian Institute of Technology.

As the candidates are not eligible to appear for the JEE Advance examination conducted for the admission in the IIT. So you can't pursue the course. But still you are eligible to pursue the course from the different private and government institute.

So to pursue the course you have to qualify in the LEET examination conducted by the various institute for the admission in their institute.
16th September 2015, 03:19 PM
Silent work
Member+

The candidate who passed diploma cannot eligible for JEE(Joint Entrance Examination) & hence he/she cannot get admission in IIT*Indian Institute of Technology). IIT does not offer lateral entry for B.Tech. There is no provision made in IIT for diploma holders.

Only 10+2 passed candidate with PCM are eligible for JEE main & after that for JEE advance. Not only IIT leaves out diploma candidates but NIT also does not offer lateral entry for diploma candidates.

If you want admission in B.Tech, then you should think about other best colleges except IIT & NIT. There are many good universities offers B.Tech by lateral entry for diploma students, but you must have minimum 60% in diploma.
19th September 2015, 10:03 PM
DSP@1

No, candidates who have done Diploma are not eligible to get admission in IIT(Indian Institute of Technology).

The eligibility criteria for IIT are as follows.

-Candidate must have completed his/her 12th standard from the recognized board with Mathematics,Physics and Chemistry as main subjects.
-Candidate age must be between 17-25 years.
-Candidate must have not to attempt for IIT more than 3 times.

As you are from Diploma your subjects will be different from 12th standard subjects so you are not eligible for IIT.

If you really want to get admission in IIT then join in 12th standard first and complete it after completing it also check required percentage in 12th standard in your state(as it alters from state to state).If you satisfy the criteria then you will be eligible for IIT.

But it is waste of time.

I suggest you to choose best one of the best college in your state and apply for it for graduation after your Diploma.Once you complete your graduation then apply for 'GATE' by which you can complete your PG course from IIT.
23rd September 2015, 11:33 PM
kanwar555

Smile Re: Possibility to study B.Tech in IIT for Engineering Diploma student?

Hi bro,

I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to get admission in IIT on the basis of your Diploma course.To get admission in IIT you must :

Have completed your 12th with Physics,Chemistry and Maths as compulsory subjects.
Have cleared the IIT JEE examination.

Since Diploma holders does not do 12th class,so you are not eligible for getting admission into IIT.But you need not to worry for this there are many other reputed Engineering Colleges in India which offers admission to Diploma holders in B.tech.

Most Reputed Engineering Colleges in India which offers admission to Diploma holders are:

Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology.

Harcourt Butler Technological Institute

Lovely Professional University

Punjab University

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University

Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College.

All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?