17th May 2012, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IPS officer after reading B.A 1st year in political science?

Sir, i read in B.A 1st year in political science(HOUN).I wants make an ips officer how can i make an ips officer.plz give me sume advice.

18th May 2012, 10:59 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS officer after reading B.A 1st year in political science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i read in B.A 1st year in political science(HOUN).I wants make an ips officer how can i make an ips officer.plz give me sume advice.

If your aspiring to become and IPS Officer then you should complete Bachelor degree from recognized university .

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and this Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for every year .

This Examination is divided into three stages namely ,

-Preliminary Examination
-Main Examination and
-Interview

To apply for IPS Examination you should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for the Examination . There is no Minimum percentage of marks require for IPS Examination .

Your age should be Not less then 21 years and not more then 30 years and relaxation will applicable for .

>> SC/ST candidates :- 5 years
>> OBC candidates :- 3 years and
>> Physically Challenged candidates :- 10 years .

You should be Physically as well as medically fit for the IPS Examination , Physical fitness is mandatory to apply for IPS Examination . Without proper Physical fitness your not eligible for IPS Examination . The Physical fitness like, Height , Weight , and Eyesight etc..

Number of Attempts :-
  • For General candidates :- 4 times
  • For OBC candidates :- 7 times and
  • For SC/ST candidates :- No Limit .

So, First complete your bachelor degree then your eligible to apply for IPS Examination .
18th May 2012, 01:29 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS officer after reading B.A 1st year in political science?

IPS stands for INDIAN POLICE SERVICE.
IPS exam is conducted by UPSC every year.
ELIGIBLITY FOR IPS EXAM
1.Candidate should be graduate from a recognised university.
2.Age should be in between 21-30 years.
3. Candidate must be indian.

EXAM PATTERN:
selection is based on the following stages:
1.Preliminary exam
2.Main exam.
3.Interview.

for more information you can click here www.upsc.gov.in
6th June 2012, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir meine 12 class and b.a open larning school se kiya he . Class 12 me mera 1 year ka gep he kya me ips kr sakta hu
20th June 2012, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

I am undergone operation with teethered spinal cord syndrome my left leg is weak am i eligible to appear for IPS exam?
7th August 2012, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I vivek kumar from bihar I am now doing final year B.sc. (chemistry) do i appear in the exam of Ips. Plz tell me.
5th September 2012, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

i am ramkumar gupta from u.p.and i am studing in BA 2nd year.which book read for prepare IPS?
10th September 2012, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am Sameer from haryana and i am studing in Bsc cs(h) 1st year. which book read for prepare IAS/IPS?
My E-mail ID :- [email protected]
13th October 2012, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Hi , this is Lalit Kumar. I do Bachelor of tourism management in second year. Please advise me what I do for giving exam of IPS now?
14th October 2012, 02:01 PM
EALPExpert

Quote:
Details about IPS Exam:

IPS stands for indian police service and this is conducted by the union public service commission under the civil services examinations and the UPSC has inviting the applications every year for eligible candidates and also the UPSC as released the notification in leading news papers.

For become an IPS officer the selection processor is based on the following examinations conducted by the union public service commission under the civil services examination and they include;.

~ Written Examination,
~ Physical Examination,
~ Personal Interview.

Apart from first conducted the written test after qualifying called for physical test and personal interview and you need to qualify the all tests individually and after qualifying all tests you have 1 year training period and then you will be become a IPS Officer.

For become an IPS officer you need to write the written test and then for writing the written test, required educational qualifications are you must completed the graduation from recognized university and here not required any percentage.

Required minimum age limit 21 years and maximum 30 years for general category candidates and here 3 years age relaxation for OBC category candidates and 5 years for SC/ST category candidates.

And you must remember for attending the written test only 4 times for general category candidates and 7 times for OBC category candidates and no limit for SC/ST category candidates.

Physical requirements for IPS Officer is,height for male 163 and for female 155 and chest for male 84 cm and good eye site.

Apply processor is based on the online mode or offline mode,apart from the Application Form along with information Brochure available at any of the Head Post Offices or Post Offices by pauing the application fee by hand and sent the filled Application form to:

The Secretary, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, New Delhi - 110011

www.upsc.gov.in/

all the best;.
14th December 2012, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

Hello! Sir i am pinki yadav from west bengal. I read BA 2 year I want a IPS Officer.plz you tell me IPS officer from when become.
15th December 2012, 10:34 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How can I become an IPS officer after reading B.A 1st year in political science?

Quote:

hi friend,

candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Descipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.

Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:
  1. General category student:- 21-30 years.
  2. OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
  3. SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.
No. Attempt:
  1. General - max. 4
  2. OBC - max. 7.
  3. SC/ST - No limit.
30th December 2012, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I Am Bhagyshree Choudhary From Rajasthan. I Am Studing In B.A. 1 st year (Private) . Please Advise Me What I Do For Giving Exam Of IPS After Final Year.
30th December 2012, 07:05 PM
umang_28
Senior Member+

Dear friend ,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service . This exam is conducted by UPSC . To apply for a IPS , following requirements are necessary :

*you must completed the graduation from recognized university and here not required any percentage.

*age limit :
for general category : 21 to 30 years
for OBC candidate : 21 to 33 years
for SC/ST candidates : 21 to 35 years.

*Selection process is in three stages :

~> Written Examination
~>Physical Examination
~>Personal Interview

after qualifying all test there is 1 year training .

* no. of attempt :

For general : 4 times
For OBC : 7 times
For SC/ST : NO LIMIT

umang_28

30th December 2012, 08:37 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To become an IPS (Indian Police Service) officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

Apart from this the aspiring candidate for IPS should have maintained a minimum physical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT - General Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male-84cm and Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

So if you are interested for IPS then you have to complete Graduation first in order to apply for IPS, Civil Service Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th December 2012, 10:35 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: How can I become an IPS officer after reading B.A 1st year in political science?

Hi,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

Candidate should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university .

There is no Minimum percentage of marks require for IPS Examination .

Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for the Examination .

Your age should be Not less then 21 years and not more then 30 years and

This Examination is divided into:
  • Preliminary Examination
  • Main Examination and
  • Interview
Cool....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?