25th February 2018, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Merchant Navy after completing B.Sc(Chemistry)? Is it a right option?

Sir, Can I join Merchant Navy after doing B.Sc in Chemistry? I want to join Merchant Navy, tell me that I am eligible to join or not? And also tell me that this is a good opportunity for me?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I join merchant navy as my career after completion of my B.Tech? I have completed my B.Tech in mechanical with 66.63% marks
  2. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  3. How a B.Com graduate can join Merchant Navy?
  4. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  5. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  6. How to join Merchant navy after completing 12th? List of the government colleges?
  7. How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th from UP board
  8. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to join Merchant Navy after completing BSc in computer science
  10. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  11. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  12. How to join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th?
  13. How can Women join Indian Navy? Is there any option available in Merchant Navy?
  14. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing inter with PCM? I have scored 61%
  15. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completing class 12th with Commerce stream? How can I join the Merchant Navy?
  16. How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th science?
  17. Am I eligible to join Indian merchant Navy after completing 12th with commerce?
  18. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
6th March 2018, 02:42 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after completing B.Sc(Chemistry)? Is it a right option?

There is actually no concession between a degree in chemistry and Merchant Navy.

If you still are interested you will have to go through the whole process from the beginning, that is B.Sc or diploma in nautical science after which you will join as a cadet and work your way up as an officer.
7th March 2018, 04:09 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after completing B.Sc(Chemistry)? Is it a right option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, Can I join Merchant Navy after doing B.Sc in Chemistry? I want to join Merchant Navy, tell me that I am eligible to join or not? And also tell me that this is a good opportunity for me?

You have to study marine engineering courses to join merchant navy. Eligibility to study the BE or BTech Marine Engineering or BSc Nautical Science is a pass in 10+2 with PCM subjects. It is not recommended to study the above mentioned courses after completion of BSc Chemistry. You can study MSc Chemistry or MBA or any other course related to chemistry or management after completion of BSc Chemistry course. It is not advisable to study Merchant Navy course after completion of BSc Chemistry. It is not a right decision to study the marine engineering or nautical science course after completion of BSc Chemistry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?