31st May 2015, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Which all courses I need to complete along with graduation to become an IAS officer?

I want to know about the courses which i have to do to complete my graduation to become I.A.S. Which all courses I need to complete along with graduation to become an IAS officer? Can you please provide me the information as soon as possible?

Thanks!

1st June 2015, 12:57 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which all courses I need to complete along with graduation to become an IAS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know about the courses which i have to do to complete my graduation to become I.A.S. Which all courses I need to complete along with graduation to become an IAS officer? Can you please provide me the information as soon as possible?

Thanks!
There is no special course required for IAS entrance exam. Those candidates who have completed their Graduation without any pending backlogs are eligible to apply for IAS entrance exam. So, If you have completed Graduation without any pending backlogs then definitely you are eligible for IAS exam.
1st June 2015, 12:59 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which all courses I need to complete along with graduation to become an IAS officer?

Now to become an IAS officer you are required to crack the civil services examination for which the necessary qualifications required are as :-

You must have the nationality of India .

You must have done your graduation with any stream of your choice from a recognized university .

Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years .There is the provision of age relaxation as per the government norms .

The physical and mental fitness are required too .

For more information visit the official link of commission i.e; responsible for the conduction of same examination .
1st June 2015, 01:39 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thanks!
You should take history subject in graduation degree become IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
1st June 2015, 11:12 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for the Indian Administrative Services and to join the service you have to qualify the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC every year. The examination is considered as a toughest examination. There is no separate examination for the I.A.S only as UPSC conducts Civil services examination for IPS, IFS etc...

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have completed there graduation degree or pursuing in the final year from a recognised university.
* Candidates age between 21-32 years for the General category and relaxation in age of 3 years for the OBC and 5 years for the SC/ST candidates.

There is no other courses required other than the graduation in any discipline to apply for the examination. The examination is conducted in three stages as :-
* Preliminary.
* Mains.
* Interview.

The candidates who qualifies in the preliminary paper are eligible for the Mains and so on for the final recruitment in the civil services. The candidates are given the posts/designation on the basis of overall performance in the CSE. The top rankers make it to the IAS then for the IPS and so on.

The examination paper contains question of social studies , General knowledge , English Comprehension , Quantitative Aptitude etc. to qualify the examination. It is essential to have better knowledge of optional paper which may be other than the graduation discipline.

The application for the 2015 CSE is available on the UPSC official website www.upsc.gov.in. The examination will be conducted on the 23rd of August for the Prelims.

There is also limitations on the number of attempts to appear for the examination as it is maximum of 6 for the General category candidates. For more details visit at the official page.
1st June 2015, 01:39 PM
savneybillford

To become an IAS(Indian Administrative Services) officer, you need to crack Civil services exam conducted by UPSC every year. There will be two parts. Civil services preliminary exam and civil services mains. If you clear preliminary then you will be admitted to write the mains.

The eligibility criteria for civil services exam is as follows:
1. You must be a citizen of India.
2. You must be within the age group of 21-32 years of age.
3. You must have completed graduation in any discipline.
4. Secured a minimum of 55% in your graduation.
5. Maximum number of attempts by a candidate is limited to six (6).

There is absolutely no stress on a particular field that you need to take up. And there is no need to do any extra course to be qualified to write the exam. If you fulfil the above conditions then you are eligible to write civil services.

However if you wish you can go to coaching centres that specifically train you to clear the civil services exam. I do recommend you to join the same as it will make you confident and you will know what to expect from the exams. And of course it will be easier for you to clear the exam as compared to the ones without specific coaching.
4th June 2015, 02:09 PM
parnel
Junior Member+

Hello friend,

1.There is no particular courses for becoming IAS officer.

2.To become IAS officer a exam will be conducted by the civil services.

3.For this exam you must have completed your graduation course without any backlogs.

4.And your age must be between 21-32 years.

5.If you have met with all above mentioned requirements then you can apply for IAS exam.

6.If you want some preparation for this exam then you can go for some coaching centers which will give coaching about this exam.

Hope this information is helpful to you........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?