30th March 2015, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

How much is the contribution of Physics in B.Tech entrance exams?

Sir,
I am good at Chemistry and Maths but very weak at Physics.
I want to know how much role does Physics plays in
various entrance exams for doing B.Tech?
Please help me to know about this.

4th April 2015, 06:36 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much is the contribution of Physics in B.Tech entrance exams?

Contribution of physics is as same as that of Chemistry and Mathematics.
It consists of 1/3rd of total marks of every entrance exam for B.Tech.

Top Entrance exams of B.Tech are :
  • JEE Main
  • JEE Advanced
  • BITSAT
  • VITEEE
  • IP University

In all these examination the weightage of Physics is as same as Chemistry and Mathematics.

But as you are good in Chemistry and Mathematics you can easily crack these exams.
The cutoff list is made on the basis of total marks scored.

But in few exams like IIT Advanced there is cutoff for all the subjects, that will be the disadvantage for you.

So, atleast try to score minimum cutoff marks in Physics and improve your rank by scoring good in chemistry and mathematics.
5th April 2015, 07:02 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The contribution of Physics in B.tech entrance examinations are same as the contribution of Chemistry and Mathematics in the same as the weightage is same for all the three subjects in any of the B.tech examination .

So you have to be good in all the subjects to get admitted in good colleges with trade which has good scopes in future .

But as you are good in Chemistry and Mathematics so you have to give your best in these so that they makeup for your weakness in Physics as the merit list made on considering the total marks .

Also you can not avoid Physics totally because you have to secure minimum cut-off marks in Physics to be available for total qualification marks for that entrance examination.

For scoring average marks in Physics you do not have to worry.You just have to have basic concept about some important topics and try to solve questions of previous examinations to have some idea about the pattern of questions asked in examinations .
6th April 2015, 12:23 PM
amanshrivastava98

For admission in B. Tec. you should have Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as your main subjects in your higher secondary.

Since Physics is one of the 3 main subjects then its weightage is exactly 1/3rd of the total in any of the B. Tech. entrance examination.
6th April 2015, 10:29 PM
satya praveen96
Junior Member+

Hello friend,

I have the solution for your problem it is.

1.Physics is the one of the most important subjects to do B.Tech.

2.For doing B.tech you must be best in three subjects they are maths,Physics and chemistry.

3.In the above three subjects maths occupies 40-50% marks,Chemistry occupies 25-30% priority and Physics also occupies 25-30% marks.

4.So if you are perfect in only maths and chemistry then you may pass in entrance exam for B.tech.

5.But it will be difficult to you to complete your B.tech with no knowledge in physics subject.

Hope above information is helpful to you.............

Have a nice day...................

8th April 2015, 05:28 PM
kunalroy89

Weightage wise Physics is as equal as Chemistry and Maths. But you need to cross atleast the cutoff marks of each subject. As your other two subjects are strong as you said,then try to just cross the cutoff of Physics.Work hard in physics and you will clear the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?