5th December 2015, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

Lawyer after graduation with less than 50%?

I completed B.Com in 2003 then started teaching. Then I opted for post graduation after some years. Now I want to be a lawyer but my graduation score is less than 50%. Can I become a lawyer?

6th December 2015, 08:50 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Lawyer after graduation with less than 50%?

As far as eligibility criteria of CLAT is concerned, there is no issue with your percentage if it is below 50% but above 45% in graduation. Hence, you can apply for CLAT if you have above 45% marks in degree.

Therefore, don't worry and be prepared for the entrance exam because top national law universities accept CLAT score. If you perform well then you can surely get admission.
6th December 2015, 11:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed B.Com in 2003 then started teaching. Then I opted for post graduation after some years. Now I want to be a lawyer but my graduation score is less than 50%. Can I become a lawyer?
Your graduation marks is below 50% so you are not eligible for LLB course.

If you have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board then you are eligible to attend LLB entrance exam.

Your age should be above 18 years.
7th December 2015, 11:27 PM
rituja mukherjee

There are a number of options through which one can get into a law school or into any law college. The first option is CLAT i.e Common Law Admission Test. However the age limit for pursuing BALLB/B.ScLLB/B.ComLLB is 20 years. It is evident from your post that you no longer fit into such criteria. The next option is any Govt. or Private law college. They too have their own rules and regulations regarding age and percentage of marks. You can get a list of some prospective colleges situated in your state from the net. Some colleges even offer 3 years LLB degree on a distance mode. Since you have already completed your graduation you can consider pursuing llb degree in distance modefor 3 years and definitely from any recognised university. Apart from the distance mode, you have to go through entrance exam for any other law college.
9th December 2015, 02:46 PM
Origiin

Lawyer after graduation with less than 50%?
1.As a lawyer you have to assimilate and analyse the fact quickly. You have to distinguish relevant from the irrelevant, separate the grain from the chaff and apply the law in the situation under scrutiny.
2.Fluency in written and spoken language and excellent presentation skills are essential to present your case in the court. Your interrogation and cross-examination must be to the point (i.e. precise) and concise. Your should avoid verbosity.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?