20th December 2013, 03:36 PM
s.cty

M.Sc Maths through distance education would be good?

I have completed BE(Cs) in the year 2004. But since I do not understand the Maths part well I would like to
get admitted into MSc Maths through distance education. Would it be a good decision?
If you agree also advice on the good universities in India.

Related Questions:
  1. Does Punjabi University offer MSc Maths in distance education? What is the requirement for MSc Maths?
  2. Universities offering M.Sc Maths in Distance Learning?
  3. Is it a good choice to do MSc from distance education after graduating from Chemistry?
  4. MBA or MSc Biotechnology?
  5. Am i eligible for NET exam after doing MSc Maths from Chitrakoot University by distance education?
  6. List of good universities for studying MSc through Distance Education?
  7. Am I eligible to appear for GATE Exam after completion of M.Sc Maths in Distance Learning?
  8. How to do M.Phil or Ph.D from distance education after passing MSc in EVS from Vidyasagar University
  9. What are the career options with M.sc maths (50%)? Eligibility to become a lecturer after MSc Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Which entrance to be answered to join LLB correspondence course?
  11. Is MSc Bioinformatics through distance recognized?
  12. Names of colleges offering facilities of distance education in MSc course?
  13. What is the future of MSc Electronics in distance education?
  14. How to do MSc chemistry, botany through distance education?
  15. Am I eligible to appear for level exam while doing BSc Maths from Annamalai University through distance education?
  16. Is MSc Maths a good option after BSc Computer Science with 2 years of gap? How to prepare for the exam? Best colleges in Hyderabad to do MSc Maths? Career opportunities after doing MSc Maths except teaching?
  17. Which are the universities offering distance education MSc Mathematics course in AP?
  18. Date of distance education MSc mathematics from Osmania University?
23rd December 2013, 06:49 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: M.Sc Maths through distance education would be good?

M.Sc maths is a good subject and it has good scope also. But doing it with distance education i am not agree about this. Maths is a very tough subject but if you are able to do it then you can do it. As you have done BE then you can also apply for the M.Tech. It is a good course and it has good scopes also. It is related to your field. And after that you will be better job.

And you can also apply for the teaching profession after the M.Tech. And you can also apply for the MBA course. It is a management course and now a days there is many scope of this course.

you can also apply for the below courses:
MBA
M.Tech
MCA
all are good courses and have good scopes. And you can also do M.Sc maths. Here are some good universities in India which provide you the correspondence maths course.
Acharya Nagarjuna University
Alagappa University
Annamalai University
Bharathiar University
Bharathidasan University
Calicut University
Dr BR Ambedkar Open University
Guru Nanak Dev University
Madurai Kamaraj University
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Jiwaji University
MP Bhoj Open University
Kerala University
Madras University
So, these are the universities in which you can apply for the M.Sc maths. It is a good course so it is best to do this course. It is very tough exam so i think you should do it regular but it depends on you.
15th May 2015, 03:32 PM
amanshrivastava98

No, being a BE completed candidate you should go for some other advanced course like MTech in the field of your engineering or MBA throgh some good institute.

MSc is a nice course but it is meant for the BSc candidates only and will lead you no where.

If you really want to understand mathematics, take a break from your studies and try solving Maths right from the NCERT of 10th standard to Engineering. That will help you a lot.
15th May 2015, 03:42 PM
amanshrivastava98

No, being a BE completed candidate you should go for some other advanced course like MTech in the field of your engineering or MBA throgh some good institute.

MSc is a nice course but it is meant for the BSc candidates only and will lead you no where.

If you really want to understand mathematics, take a break from your studies and try solving Maths right from the NCERT of 10th standard to Engineering. That will help you a lot.
5th March 2017, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

I have done my bad computerscience is it good for doing msc maths in
distance
2nd August 2018, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

I have done my bachelor in physics...so can I do MSc in maths through distance?
9th May 2019, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

I am a BSC graduate from Mumbai university...and I want to do Msc Mathematics as correspondance from Pune university..Is it good?
12th May 2019, 12:58 PM
triptiiet
Senior Member+++++

You are a BE student and want to go in mathematics than it is not much difficult task.

JAM(Joint Admission test for MSc) is very useful exam for you.

If you qualify this exam then after BE no need to do MSc.

You can Directly go for Phd.
12th May 2019, 01:49 PM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

It has so many study centres across country.
It also offers many courses of Bachelor Degree and Post Graduate Degree, along with M.B.A. & M.C.A. Correspondence. Courses.
I just completed my . in Mathematics from M.K.U.

MKU Distance Education Degrees are recognized by UGC, New Delhi and eligible for Employment in Central & State Governments

Madurai Kamaraj University is a Statutory University, established in 1965 by Govt. of Tamilnadu. It is recognized and funded by UGC and is a member of Association of Indian Universities. It has been reaccredited by NAAC with grade A.
7th August 2019, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

Difference between doing msc maths in regular classes and correspondence?...and if I finish msc maths correspondence shall I qualified for net,tet,trt,sler exams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?