1st March 2018, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study B.Tech for a candidate who has completed Diploma 5 years ago?

Sir, I have done my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering 5 years ago. After that I went to Dubai for earning. Now, I comeback and want to continue my study. I want to do B.Tech. I have 3 years of worked experience. Please tell me can I do B.Tech now?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study B.Tech for a candidate who has completed Diploma 5 years ago? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Possibility to study Pharmacy Diploma course for a candidate who has completed 10th around 37 years ago?
  3. Possibility to study Civil Engineering Diploma course for a 31 years old AutoCAD Designer who has completed 12th about 12 years ago?
  4. Possibility to study Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering for a candidate who has completed ITI Electrical 20 years ago?
  5. Possibility to study B.Tech for a candidate who has completed Civil Engineering Diploma 8 years ago and worked in Dubai?
  6. Possibility to study Master of Engineering for an employee who has completed Diploma in CSE 10 years ago?
  7. Possibility to study LLM through Distance Learning for a candidate who has completed MCA 4 years ago?
  8. Possibility to study B.Sc for a candidate who has completed 12th Commerce about 18 years ago?
  9. Possibility to apply in TNPSC Group-II exam for a candidate who has completed Diploma around 3 years ago?
  10. Possibility to pursue Diploma in Mechanical/Automobile Engineering for a candidate who has completed 10th 15 years ago?
  11. Possibility to study B.Tech for SCCL employee since 7 years who has completed Mining Diploma about 10 years ago?
  12. Possibility to study HS for a candidate who has completed 10th CBSE 15 years ago?
  13. Possibility to study Intermediate for a candidate who has completed 10th BSEB around 5 years ago? -- [New]
  14. Possibility to study Civil Engineering Diploma course if completed 10th CBSE about 5 years ago?
  15. Possibility to study 1 year Diploma in ECE for a candidate who has discontinued B.Tech(ECE) 2 years ago?
  16. Can I study BTech if completed 12th 2 years ago?
  17. Can I study Civil Engineering Diploma course if completed 12th about 12 years ago and working as an AutoCAD Designer being a 31 years old candidate?
  18. Possibility to study M.Com for 39 years old candidate who has 17 years of work experience?
8th March 2018, 10:09 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study B.Tech for a candidate who has completed Diploma 5 years ago?

Yes, you are eligible to study B.Tech course after completion of your Diploma course 5 years ago. Being a Diploma holder, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of four years B.Tech course through lateral entry admission process. You have to appear in lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., qualify the examination and participate in the counselling process according to your examination rank, so, that you will be offered admission in second year of B.Tech course in a particular college.
9th March 2018, 09:05 AM
SABITA THE EXPERT
Banned

Default Re: Possibility to study B.Tech for a candidate who has completed Diploma 5 years ago?

Yes, you can complete your B.Tech. Since, you are a diploma holder, you can apply for lateral entry exam. You just need to check eligibility criteria. In WBJEE JELET, students, passing from AICET approved Institutes with minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC/PwD) are eligible to apply.
9th March 2018, 05:08 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes , definitely a diploma holder in computer engineering can definitely pursue BTech in computer engineering but for that you have to appear in the entrance test that is Lateral Entry Entrance Test. By qualifying this you can directly get admission in 2nd year of engineering course otherwise you can also pursue BTech through correspondence mode.
It would be better for you to complete your BTech through correspondence more because by doing so you can do job side via side.
9th March 2018, 08:17 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

One who has completed diploma can take admission in BTech course and either you can appear in LEET exam or you can take admission in any distance learning Institute. If you will able to qualify this examination then you will get admission directly in 2nd year of BTech course and duration will remain of 3 years.

List of universities offering course in B.Ed through distance learning in India:

Jain Vishva Bharati Institute.

Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University.

Andhra University.

Indira Gandhi National Open University.

Rajasthan Vidyapeeth.
9th March 2018, 09:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For diploma holders there is lateral entry exam for admission in B.Tech 2nd year directly. You can apply for such entrance exams, if you are willing to get admission.

Also, make sure that you fulfill the age criteria because most of the colleges have upper age limit for B.Tech admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?